Ivarsson Broken Shank Repair + New Stem (pic heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Nana Ivarsson is the second daughter of Lars and granddaughter of Sixten Ivarsson. :)

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Besides my great admiration for a job very well done this thread has inspired me.
To bust my ass to make sure I never drop a pipe again.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
George, you have really knocked that one out of the park. That is an amazing repair. You just blow my mind when you share these projects. Thank you!
And if Matt knows who owns it, chances are I have seen that pipe at a Seattle Pipe Club meeting. lol.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You are not kidding me with this story. You really went out and bought another Ivarsson to replace this one with didn't you? A wonderful job, George.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
And you make it look and sound so easy, which comes with knowing what you're doing. I'm glad this masterpiece had your expert care. Now it's ready for another eighty or 100 years.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Every time I post one of these peek-behind-the-curtain threads I'm delighted anew at how many people actually care about fixing pipes. (It says something about the depth of the pipe/human bond, I think, that we feel something for ALL pipes, not just our own.) :D
And also as always, thanks for the kind words. It's truly an honor to be entrusted with working on your stuff. :puffy:

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
George, you really seem to be a perfectionist. I especially love seeing your stems. Looking at the light reflections shows that the lines are immaculate and symmetrical, and the edges are extremely crisp. No bumps, no waves. A lot of love (and time and skill) must go into this. It is easy to see why your clients entrust you with such valuable and treasured pieces.
Thanks for showing this. Please keep doing so.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
After looking at the original post's work photos again, I realized that the white background in the side-by-side shots of the finished stem was too much for the light meter of my cheapie camera, which resulted in black blobs without detail.
So, here they are again, shot in my cheapie light box where conditions are a little better. (I wanted to switch out the crappy ones for these, but this forum's Ruthless Galactic Overlord Subroutine of Edit Prevention prevented it.) :lol:
P3123254.jpg

P3123261.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
:worship:
What can I say that hasn't been said already. The sky is blue. The sun is hot, and George can fix anything. Amazing.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I always enjoy your threads with pics and descriptions George.

What you do is a combination of craftsmanship and artistry that we enthusiasts most certainly appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.