PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I guess this is some advanced stage, acute form of PAD.
Rapped with Gian Maria about pipe shapes, materials, philosophy and art and decided I wanted to add another of his works to my pipe rack.

His take on the saddle bit billiard/lovat.. this one is waiting for sanding and blasting and finishing.
Q26MMYS.jpg

KV4vfah.jpg

uwhEeVy.jpg

qm3J8W7.jpg

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Gosh that's gorgeous, can't wait to see it blasted! I've seen a few examples of this maker's work, and each pipe has blown me away. Very nice!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I guess this is some advanced stage, acute form of PAD.
Not at all. Sounds like some of the stuff I do with Bruce Weaver. I love Gamboni's whimsical, seemingly off balance and elongated takes on classic shapes. Can't wait to see this one finished. Looks great so far!

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
That looks great. You must be very pleased with it. I have a few Gamboni pipes and they are excellent. Gianmaria is a guy who really has a clear vision of the kind of pipes he wants to make. Paolo Becker's influence is obvious but the pipes are very recognisable as Gamboni's own voice.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
@chasingembers A Master Blaster commission is on the horizon for me.
@moriarty Truly a guy who carves out of inspiration. He and I discussed details but he told me he won't measure things out, rather "carve it as it comes, and try to keep it within my desired parameters". He also said he'd start on it when the inspiration hit, between a week and 3 weeks.

As an art collector I can appreciate this. I always like artists to have some liberty.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

It turned out great! I bet you're a happy camper. Do you know why he uses the same stain look on all his pipes? Is it just his signature thing?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Italians sure know how to add some flair and personality to a pipe!
That finish is very unique - does it have a name?
1.12 oz = wonderful!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Fantastic. I love everything about it and the weight would make it a perfect clencher.

Status
Not open for further replies.