PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Well, it has arrived safe and sound and must say it really is more beautiful up close and personal. Everything is spot on including the drilling and that stem material is stunning. It has a real three-dimensional depth that I find a little hypnotic. I'm extremely happy with it. I'm uncertain as to what they actually treat the inside of the bowl with but it does have a very delicate and honey sweet smell. Now I must find the perfect time for the maiden voyage. I am thinking Saturday afternoon when a friend is due for drinks. It should not be too hard to wait until then as part of me doesn't want to smoke it. Imagine that :D I just hope the weather is clement as the best of it seems to have left us in the UK. Although, it's still warm.
I've always known which tobacco to break this one in with and it has to be Solani 633, Virginia Flake. It's my favourite and I just hope the pipe takes to it.
Also, one of the cobs I ordered for a friend has really impressed me. It's the Little Devil Cutty. It's actually beautifully made and feels really nice. If it had a better stem it really would be very nice although this stem seems a little better than my other ones. Guess what! I don't want to give it to him :D I'm gonna have to order another one.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Great story, kind of reminds me of my own pipe journey, working through pipes and tobacco types until I figure out what I like.
I landed on VA tobacco too, by far my favorite. I tend toward the reds myself.
I'm also a huge Savinelli fan. I'm not always a fan of some of their "gimmick" lines though, but I like the looks of the Miele pipes. I almost bought a 316 myself.
002-033-37230.7730.jpg

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
I'm also a huge Savinelli fan. I'm not always a fan of some of their "gimmick" lines though, but I like the looks of the Miele pipes. I almost bought a 316 myself.
Go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dec 24, 2012
This is truly an inspiring store of a man's unconditional love for a pipe and has brought a tear to my eye.
I'll bet you Jazz and his new pipe are cuddling on the couch at this very moment listening to some Celine Dion tunes.
I haven't been this moved since cigrmaster told the story of his visit to a Turkish Bath and his subsequent treatment for a rather aggressive venereal disease.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I'll bet you Jazz and his new pipe are cuddling on the couch at this very moment listening to some Celine Dion tunes.
I haven't been this moved since cigrmaster told the story of his visit to a Turkish Bath and his subsequent treatment for a rather aggressive venereal disease.
:rofl:

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
This is truly an inspiring store of a man's unconditional love for a pipe and has brought a tear to my eye.
:rofl: Hey! less of the Celine Dion! I'm thinking of selling the story right to Mills & Boon, though.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Yeah, you're right, Mike. That's thing's just.... "Oh, man."
Peck, thank you -- just what I needed, to fall out LMBFBO when I can't talk. :rofl:
Bill

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, it was your recommendation to that particular bath and you should have warned me it was loaded with my favorite type of hooker, 2 dollar crack whores. You know I can never say no to them.

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, but I also recommended Captain Bob's Blend to you and you never took me up on that, so how was I supposed to know you listened to me.

Dec 24, 2012
Personally though, a bad case of gonorrhea is still better than Captain Bob's Blend, so you still came out ahead.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
This post got me...

I ordered a Miele 316ks last night and then straight down the Savinelli rabbit hole I fell. 321 Smooth Dolomiti, 626 Tre, 321 rusticated ....

I may need to sell a kidney, I guess that is why we have 2, huh?

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
This post got me...

I ordered a Miele 316ks last night and then straight down the Savinelli rabbit hole I fell. 321 Smooth Dolomiti, 626 Tre, 321 rusticated ....

I may need to sell a kidney, I guess that is why we have 2, huh?
:D Well, if your wife gets upset just tell her to blame me. Also, add my apologies but do try to hang onto your kidneys. I won't be held accountable for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.