Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andylo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
I haven't researched this particular pipe, but looking at the SP pages on Comoys, I see that they have a good selection of new pipes for between $86 and $99, with some going up a little from there, but mostly still under $200. This is a pretty Canadian shape, and nice grain, but I'd check out the "extremely rare and collectible" moniker carefully. Newbies need good smoking pipes and might leave the collectibles to the experts?
SP they do have good selection of Comoy’s and I actually just bought one from them. The problem is that I am a bit obsessed with this little Canadian! The grain is beautiful and by far the nicest I have come across!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It sure does! Shersher (capital doesn't count)

Nice Liverpool! And the pipe in the o.p. —would be a go for me if I weren't already overstocked.

194615a_f12b3399-1aa8-4166-8e33-fe839a168a1b.JPG

Reactions: SpookedPiper

achtman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2017
This is extremely rare and collectible. I don’t collect Comoy’s, but as per pipedia only 1 in 10000 got this distinction
This is a Special straight grain, and probably not all that old. What Schubra is referring to is a Speciment straight grain. The next level down from that was a Selected straight grain, which had flaws. Special straight grains came later and may be rare but are not as collectible.
$110 is a reasonable price for a good Comoy's so if you want a nice Comoy's and you like this shape go for it. But don't go for it because you think it is particularly collectible, which it isn't.
Mark

Andylo

Lurker
Oct 5, 2019
Grateful to see that there are so many friendly and useful advices! I love this pipe but getting it restored might be too challenging for a newbie like me! So I think I will move on! Sorry to let go this beautiful pipe.. it deserves a better owner!

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I wouldn’t touch it, but then, I like freehands and to me this looks like a clone of a clone of a traditional style. Virtually all my briars are estate pipes, mostly because I won’t spend good money on a pipe that looks like any other pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.