Is There An Official Piipes Magazine Shirt?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
@Vorhees
that is great!
My wife bought me an Einstein Tea Shirt with him smoking a pipe at Target. I wish I had the photo to share, but its really cool
Can't wait until summer to wear it.
I would certainly wear a polo with pipesmagazine on it.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I know it is against rule #5 and Kevin's wishes, which I completely respect, but going to a pipe show with a pipesmagazine shirt would be a fun way to meet fellow forum members.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
So the idea of a StarCat mug is dead too?
starcatmug2-vi.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't think it would be a good idea to use any images from the forum at Cafe Press or similar. They are owned by Kevin and I'm certain they would be protected.
I'm assuming that this statement would refer to logos and intellectual property that originates with Kevin's business. That would be absolutely correct. It would not pertain to any images owned by other entities that got posted on the forum. For example, if someone posted an image of Bugs bunny in a forum thread, no rights are conveyed.
When I needed to show work that I had done for Warner Brothers, I negotiated contractual rights with the studio to do so under very defined conditions, for example, for self promotion during a job search.
But if I were to take it into my head to sell images of Bugs, the nice folks at Warners wouldn't leave a grease spot to mark where I used to exist.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, when I was a kid and worked for McDonalds, the manager (my friends older brother) had his mother make a costume of the Hamburgler. They used it for kids birthday parties for about one week before Ronald put down his big red shoe....

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
There's already an official shirt - I has ashes and a few decoritive burn marks on the front from the occasional flying ember or match head. It comes with an old tamper and ratty tobacco pouch in the front pocket. Also, it reeks of latakia and my wife makes me take it off before I can come near her. ...

May 31, 2012
Did someone bring up Bugs Bunny?

2WXmqaF.jpg

It's funny right?

Right?

LOL

To get it ya gotta know about the famous duckbunny bunnyduck,

http://richardwiseman.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/worlds-best-duck-rabbit-illusion/

Still ain't funny?!?!?
Well dammit, it's kinda clever,

kind of?

:?

I used the Wittgenstein version:

chisholmslide6.jpg

Also,

the starcat mug is the best thing I've ever seen!
PS

Screwy Squirrel is the true ruler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv48nzWGWag
....well,

maybe not.
Bugs Bunny is and remains the true ruler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRLCww2Jd54

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I had written Kevin a couple of months ago about an I.d. Tag for the Chicago show so that forum members would be able to identify one another. He said that he thought it would be a good idea, and he'd come up with something. Hope he hasn't forgotten, or if he has, hope he's readng this and it spurs him into action.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The answer has always been "NO", that I do not want to do it, and that no one else is allowed to.
I'll give it some thought and see if I want to re-consider.
No promises.
Based on past experience with other websites, if I change my mind, I bet we don't sell more than 1 - 2 dozen of anything.
Cafe Press and other similar sites, since they are allowing production of items one at a time, and doing fulfillment, the wholesale prices are basically retail prices. I wouldn't mark anything up, so it's not really a money issue. I just think most people want this stuff for free.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Kevin, personally I'd prefer a large coffee mug; I'd buy a dozen since my breakage rate is high!! lol

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
I'd also buy a mug and a shirt. My SPC mug gets plenty of use.
Bravo woodsroad, that Starcat mug is fantastic.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Agreed woodsroad, and it wouldn't cost you a dime, only time, to start a cafepress (or similar) page with your handy artwork. Hint Hint Wink Wink.

Whew, it's a money thing. I like to tell lots of people at the B&M about this site and the radio show, and I was afraid that maybe we might be trying to keep this forum a secret. :puffy:
A coffee mug would be fantastic to carry to the B&M. I don't wear T-shirts unless I am washing the car or working in the garden, so no one would see it.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Kevin hit the nail on the head about the problem with having stuff made up. I've been down that route, and it is fraught with problems unless:
Someone takes on all the burden of producing the goods, paying for them, storing them, and selling them (eventually, one hopes).
-or-
You go the CafePress route and pay higher prices, but have no overhead or excess inventory.
Despite the overwhelming demand (uh huh....), I would not sell anything that has someone else's domain on it. And, based on past experience, I'd never handle any custom logo merchandise on spec.
But it's fun to screw around with ideas!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The idea of having something like a T-shirt that would identify us at pipe shows has come up before.

Fredvegas is supposedly working on an Official PipesMagazine.com Silly Walk by which we could recognize each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

Status
Not open for further replies.