PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Watching the news, I was amazed at the biblical amount of rainfall that's going through South Carolina. And it's going to maintain the pace till Tuesday night! The maps look like Charleston is in the middle of it, and I thought of how sponsor Smoking Pipes is doing. Any word?
hp

les

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Sent messages but awaiting response... will update when I hear anything...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If you look out into the gulf and see tins of Penzance floating by, you know they're in trouble...

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I hope they faired better then we did in Sumter, SC. I was lucky, no damage. We got 20 inches of rain and a lot of roads here in Sumter have collapsed. We have to boil our water before we drink it. When I got up a couple of hours ago, it's still raining but not as bad. The wind has kicked up and now we're concerned about trees falling over power lines.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I hope they're okay, I still have to place my order for Mac Baren's HH Pure Virginia.
Seriously, hope it lets up soon. Thoughts and prayers and bowls of hope sent your way.

Save the tobacco! Save the tobacco! ...and Russ. Or, Russ, just stay in New Orleans!!!
We stopped at at Ocean Springs, Mississippi on the way back home, and the ocean was pushed back 200+ yards from where the beach normally was. Locals said that it had been stuck that way for a couple of days. The news was saying that North winds caused by the hurricane was pushing the water further out to sea. No waves, no tide, empty looking ocean, and unusually cold weather for this time of year was very odd. But, I did enjoy smoking my pipes on the beach, with people building bonfires and roasting fish caught in the unlimited tide pools. weird but neat.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I heard that nine miles of I-95 in S.C. were closed, so you know the flooding is serious. Parts of Charleston are underwater. There's a reason they call coastal S.C. The Low Country. I hope smokingpipes.com, the business, and all of its staff and their home places are dry and safe. N.C. has had more than two weeks of rain, and it is still cloudy and very humid, but we may catch a glimpse of sun tomorrow.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I hope smokingpipes.com, the business, and all of its staff and their home places are dry and safe.
Me too. If not, maybe we can take them in as refugees, if they bring over a tin or two.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Heard from one of the guys - some are working from home due to road closures but most made it in and all are in good health!

joshuaburgess

Lurker
Jun 30, 2014
Thanks for thinking of us, guys. The office, along with all of our pipes and tobacco are safe and sound. We do have some flooding in the area, but it's not as bad as what's happening in other areas of the state. Some of our staff members were unable to make it into the office today, but all are safe and well. For that we are most grateful.
Others of us had no problems getting to work, so we've got folks manning the phones and answering e-mails. And shipping is getting packages out the door. So if there's anything y'all need, please do give us a call or shoot us an e-mail.
Thanks,
Josh

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Good to hear. btw, there was a piper on the msn front page. Not a morning person and thought I was seeing things.
33kuf0m.jpg

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
That is some crazy shit in SC. My prayers and best wishes for everyone impacted. My city, Calgary, was under water a couple of years back. Scary times. Also, glad to hear that sp.com is high and dry and that everyone is safe.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I had the chance to spend some time with the folks from SmokingPipes on the day of the New Orleans Show, and I join everyone on hoping that everyone is okay.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh what a relief. The anxiety of having all those beautiful tins and briars floating away was beginning the grow. Stay safe! Don't try to drive through flooded roads. It may drown your car or you. A few inches of water in motion can drag a car over the berm into the river/bay/lake.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I talked to Sykes last night, and he said that everything is ok. They only had a fraction of staff at work yesterday, and UPS didn't pick-up because so many roads are closed. Otherwise, they are operating normally.
Feel free to go shopping here: http://smokingpipes.com/

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo Kev
Thanks for the update. Good to hear SP et al are doing ok through the epic rains. Sad as the loss of baki and pipes might have been, what would have been irreplaceable are the good folks there.
hp

les

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I was in Charleston over the weekend. Oysters were coming out of the manholes. Stayed with family in Summerville, right out of 'Charleston. Not as bad there.

Status
Not open for further replies.