PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
According to internet lore and legend, the man has a giant sack and only comes once per year.
Coincidence?
I think not.
Today the man helped me fulfill a longstanding goal of mine -- namely, to have at least one tin of every release of McClelland Christmas Cheer.
I managed to grab a 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 1999 from the jolly man's Christmas Cheer sale today to complete the entire run.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Congratulations on the goal :) I started the same goal months ago, but have a long way to go to have a complete set of each year!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I would say yes, if I were in your shoes, as my OCD/neurotic compulsions would drive me to completing that most worthy achievement or go mad trying.

Dec 24, 2012
Yeah, I completed all the years from 2000 on some time ago but had none from the 1990s. I was pretty excited to complete the run in one fell swoop.
The inaugral 1992 tin is the real exciting one. Based on what I have read, there may have been only 130 tins produced for that year, so I had long ago thought that I was unlikely to ever get my hands on one.
My thinking is that I will pope the first tin, 1992, in 2017. That will ensure that I can smoke a tin of 25 year old Christmas Cheer each year from then on. Except for 2018, since Christmas Cheer was not produced in 1993.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
That's funny Peck I could have sworn I read a post for a few years go of yours that said you didn't have any prior to 2000. I'm glad you completed the set.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Here it is. You need to post an update to it. lol
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/christmas-cheer-a-vertical-flight

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
My thinking is that I will pope the first tin, 1992, in 2017. That will ensure that I can smoke a tin of 25 year old Christmas Cheer each year
That sounds like an amazing plan. Hopefully by 2017 I'll be at least half way through getting each tin ;)

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wow peck, you're easily satisfied. Until there's a Lamborghini Gallardo in my driveway and peace in the Middle East, I shall deny the existence of Santa.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the business, Peck, and all others who have picked up some Christmas Cheer tins from my site.
For those of you wondering about the size of my sack (which, frankly, concerns me), I do take a wheelbarrow with me wherever I go. It relieves the pressure.
And for the record, while I am looking more and more like Santa as the years go by, I am not the Jolly Old Elf, as evidenced by the fact that I can't even get myself a new car and despite my strongest efforts, have had no luck bringing peace to the middle east, or, even into my own home for that matter.
Thanks again for all the business!

Status
Not open for further replies.