PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
Sometimes it takes me 2 weeks to finish a bowl. Good thing DGT adds flavour in a good way. Try smoking half bowls to see if it’s a boredom thing.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I don't think it's over. I used to get like that when I smoked pipes and cigars daily, somehow it became expected as part of my day and I started to see it like a chore. Nowadays, having limited time, I treasure the time I can enjoy a bowl.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ve gone months where the pipe just didn’t appeal to me, I just didn’t smoke at that point in time. Don’t push it, wait until it becomes appealing again and good news is you’ll have tobacco with age on them just waiting to be smoked when you return. I hope it’s not over for you but if you’re anything like me, it won’t be. I find that life circumstances plays a huge role in how I enjoy my pipes. Don’t force it, if it comes it comes. I wish you the very best in whichever path you choose or whatever path chooses you.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Monk, you’re in Egypt aren’t you? I know my desire for a pipe can wane in mere Indiana heat, I’m sure that Egyptian summer heat would surely affect my desire for a pipe. Curiously, I tend to want cigars more often during the summer heat, these may appeal to you as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, truly astute Philo. Also, any new meds? Emotional events in your life? Relocation stress? Does the changed diet work against your pipe smoking flavors? I say, clean up those half-smoked pipes and give them a rest for a week or three. If you hear the siren call, give your favorite blend a try.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I can go weeks between bowls. Ain't no point in smoking if you're not enjoying it.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's a hard one to answer. It may or may not be the end. Like one day last year I was browsing pipes online, and nothing was catching my eye. Since that day, I have completely lost interest in buying another one. You may be going through a down period in your smoking, or you may be ready for something new. Time will tell.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
@hawky, We in the northern states call that winter. When zero degrees is the high for the day one tends to rest the pipe and look for warmer pursuits. But when spring rolls around, I find new life and the pipe smoking continues. :puffpipe:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Lol, it’s just the opposite here in the south, Snoopy. Although I have the new luxury of being able to smoke in my apartment so the weather isn’t an obstacle but I do hate, HATE the summers here. Getting divorced was the best decision I’ve ever made, I am now truly the master of my domain. ...I kid, I kid... kinda.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
No it's not over, but if you decide you don't want anything to do with pipe smoking anymore send me your stash!
Nah, I regularly go days without smoking my pipe, or even have bowls loaded up to smoke for the night and don't end up going out, only to empty that said bowl and load a different one and repeat the process.
I usually smoke about 2 bowls a day now, once when I get home from work and another later at night.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've sometimes gone for over a half day without wishing a smoke. So, not much help here, but the good news is you have five pipes ready to be picked up and smoked.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I tend to smoke less pipes in the summer, (inner southern Spain is very hot), but I tend to compensate with cigars when outdoors. Then Autumn comes and pipes become wonderful again. Just be patient. And try the pipe during the break. It will surprise you.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Was it over when the Germans bombed Peal Harbor?
302-Animal-House-quotes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.