PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessechler

Lurker
Jul 10, 2009
Just a note FYI about the USPS in general, as a long time ebay seller I have found that shipping a package out by USPS parcel post with tracking means very little. With tracking, if they lose it - it is gone. They will not try to find the package unless it is insured. With tracking in place what is known is how far the package got before disappearing although many of these packages show up some weeks later.
Also, it seems there has been a lot of good wood on ebay in recent months. My collection of old English pipes has grown by 5 or 6 pieces.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Just a thought, no proven science on this one, but my free shipping orders (probably a contracted pricing with the shipper) take the longest to arrive and have been the ones that have excursions on the way ;)
In contrast this week I placed a tobacco order paid $7.98 for standard shipping(from a B&M) and it arrived in 24 hours 30 minutes to my nearest main receiving center, will be at just around 2 days total to my door. Moral of the story could be we get what we pay for. As long as they are not lost, I guess I am ahead and do enjoy the stories of these excursions.
All this not to discount kurtbob and anotherbobs frustrations :)

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.