PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
OTCs or Tinned blends...
Inhaled or not inhaled ...
It simply doesn't matter. When it comes to pipe smoking there are only 2 rules. The smaller end goes in your mouth. The bigger end is where the tobacco goes.
Other than that, there's no wrong way to do it.

thomasmartin

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2015
Unesco world heritage
Since you ask: I strongly advice against inhaling your pipe smoke. As a former cigarette smoker and physician my opinion is that the whole point to pipes as opposed to cigarettes is to enjoy the superior tobacco flavor minus some of the health issues.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Smoke whatever makes you happy. I used to inhale when I first started smoking a pipe. After a couple of months, I was out of breath after minimal exercise. I quit inhaling, discovered that the tobacco tasted much better when my body wasn't fighting the urge to cough after every puff and got back to where I wasn't out of breath after climbing a flight of stairs or running the dog around the block. I know some that inhale and it doesn't seem to bother them, so I guess it's "to each their own style". As long as you are getting enjoyment out of smoking a pipe, it's all good.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
I enjoy the Carter Hall tobacco. I started off with some specialized brands bought in a local tobacco shop and it turned me off of pipe smoking. Decided to pick it back up about six months ago and got me a pouch of CH and a pouch of Prince Albert. My two favorites. Been steadily smoking more pipe than cigarettes now. Im currently enjoying a blend of the two brands. I do inhale, but not all of the time.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Josh, I'm been doin this road myself too, still as a former /cigarette/Cigar dude I'm limiting my inhaling to a few puffs at start, still occasionally do smoke cigarettes, but their drastically less than it was before,perhaps some max 4-5 per day they simply don't taste nothing now when I finally accustomed to pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My dad never smoked anything but Granger for about fifty years, with a brief break for King Edward Cigars, until he quit cold turkey at age 65. He passed on at 89, as I always say, licensed to drive without glasses, since I took him to his last drivers license eye exam. He didn't inhale; I don't; probably you shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.