PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
No prob :)
Irish Flake is 10 limit, 3ps had the 5 limit.
Sounds like other sites will not have it until July.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Are 3Ps and Irish Flake suddenly hard to get? I don't think I've bought tobacco since McClelland closed up last year, so I'm not exactly in the loop.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
pitchfork, all of the Peterson blends went off the market entirely for a while (a good 9 months to a year). I’m not exactly clear why but I think the business changed hands. This all happened while I was laying low from the forums so I don’t know the exact story. I’m just glad that I stocked up on Perfect Plug when I did.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
STG is now making the blends. My order arrives today, going to see how they compare to when Kapp and Peterson Limited made them.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
32ff2a10-e3d9-450c-b601-e790795e5935-600x450.jpg

Probably won't get to try either until later tonight or tomorrow.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
STG is now making the blends. My order arrives today, going to see how they compare to when Kapp and Peterson Limited made them.

STG was making some of the best plugs on the market. I could have sworn that they already produced 3P’s but I guess I was wrong. They made all the other famous plugs; Velvan, McQuaid and Warrior Plug so if they didn’t produce Perfect Plug before it’s definitely in good hands. 3P’s is hands down one of my favorite blends, it’s good to see it’s back.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I agree with you on everything you said! STG is solid.
I had never got around to 3P so I will not be able to compare but Irish Flake I have smoked a lot of.
The world needs more plugs. I have been on a St James plug spree lately.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Holy crap -- I totally missed that! I have a bit of 3Ps that I bought a couple of years ago during the plug apocalypse, but maybe I should buy more. (I know, always buy more. :lol: )

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The world needs more plugs.

Ain’t dat da truth!
Holy crap -- I totally missed that! I have a bit of 3Ps that I bought a couple of years ago during the plug apocalypse, but maybe I should buy more. (I know, always buy more. :lol: )

That was my exact response when I found out about it. I decided to dig through my cellar to see how much I had and as it turns out I have well enough for one lifetime but I’m very happy to see that 3P’s, IF & UF did not get the axe. I think they did drop a few blends in their lineup but I can’t recall which ones.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@Hawky454, Good You reminded me about the existence of 3P's plug tobacco, need to get a tin or two, never had it to this day only had Dan Tobaccos Salty Dogs, Warrior and Condor Plugs tried to this day and my current favorite The Revor by G&H Company

Speaking of some Peterson blends discontinued,I have a bad feeling The Peterson Hydepark being one of those, good thing is that G&H Rum flake makes a good substitute to it,if not the very same,

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Paul, if you liked Warrior and Salty Dogs, I can pretty much guarantee that you’ll also like 3P’s. Have you ever tried GH@Co’s Rum & Maple Blend? I’m pretty sure it’s basically Hyde Park but sold under their name.

Oct 7, 2016
STG has stated that they made a "majority" of the Peterson blends. Since they do have the equipment to make plugs (it takes more than PVC pipe and a c clamp) my guess would be that they have always made 3P's.

Status
Not open for further replies.