PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
International Pipe Smoking Night.
I had plans for International Pipe Smoking Day, I really did. I was going to head over to the upscale walking shopping mall today and browse the crowds with a couple bowls of something mildly aromatic, then head up to JR's Whippany, NJ location for an evening with the New Jersey Fellowship of Pipe Smokers and the other Standard Tobacco folks. We've had a great time there the past few years. But work and family had other ideas. For some reason, neither one recognizes IPSD. Maybe Trump will fix that with an EO. Just like he's going to squash the FDA. Breath not held.
Either way, I finally knocked off around 8pm and decided to celebrate International Pipe Smoking Night. I fired up the Mr. Heater out on the deck, filled a Stanwell Danish Star with My Own Blend 75th Anniversary Blend, poured a glass of cheap dry white and the me and the dogs watched the stars go 'round.
Lovely.

IPSN20171-vi.jpg

IPSN20172-vi.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
And you have a great dog to supervise your smoking, so it's perfect. I'm intermittently smoking a tall poker bowl of McCle's Red Virginia 5100, and yes changing a few cat litter boxes in a nice mild evening, and planning to seriously loaf after that. I have a couple of discount tins headed my way from SP, likely to arrive at the end of the week. Happy IPSN to one and all!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The cat did come and pay a visit, too. Sat around and soaked up the heat a bit. We're fortunate that it's an indoor/outdoor cat, like the carpet. No litter box. Enjoy the 5100, it's great stuff.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
Nice, Dan. I'm stuck at work myself, celebrated with some MB mixture in a Rad. You've got great company there.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
snowyowl, that slice has a prime position in the rotation. We have a day coming up that is expected to hit near 70. I'll stop off tomorrow and get me some Woodford Reserve, in preparation.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I was smoking outside in 76 degree temps, in west St Louis county this afternoon. That's a good 30 degrees above average. Having some Black Frigate for IPSN with chai spiced iced tea.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just got off work myself, and sitting in the parking lot smoking Rattray's Exotic Orange in an AKB meer claw.

Status
Not open for further replies.