PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
ordered from sp and p&c...p&c rarely has the wessex i like anymore.
missed the box, but i'll not loose sleep over it...it was my doing to order when I did...besides, 10% to 15% off and free shipping is a great find anywhere.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
From a marketing standpoint, I can't see how it makes sense to reduce the incentive availability from 2000 customers to 200. Potentially 90% of your customer base who wants the goodie bag won't receive it. If it's designed to be an incentive to place an order, it's a major fail, as only 10% get to take advantage of the incentive.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We didn't have 2000 bags last year. It was actually less than 500. We normally get help from manufacturers each year to keep the cost down, but this year we couldn't get as many items, so because of that we weren't able to do as many.
Russ

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Thanks for the great offer P&C. I have always enjoyed my transactions with your firm.
Winton

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Russ,
It's ok. I was quickly past my annoyance and spent my kids lunch $ for the next 3 months on your site... 8O
J/k but I did buy a lot. :laughat:
I am very happy you were chosen to carry the new SPC blends!
Should be a great partnership!

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Okay mates, please suffer my venting about this promotion and feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong. I received the email about the promotion on the 19th. I then stayed up until past midnight and placed my order. When the goodie box did not pop up in my order I called today. I was told that they sold out. I inquired as to how they could they sell out in 30 minutes and they replied that they actually sold out in 90 minutes from the time they issued the email on the 19th. Why would a promotion for International Pipe smoking day on the 20th start on the 19th?
Am I an idiot for assuming the promotion started at midnight the morning of the 20th?

jmmize

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2014
No your not an idiot! Just a pipeman! I did however pull the trigger and bought a 320 Sav from p@s. A tundra ex!!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Am I an idiot for assuming the promotion started at midnight the morning of the 20th?
No that is how it should have happened. I've stayed up for some of 4noggins one day sales so at the stroke of midnight, which is actually at 11 pm for me I get my stuff before it's sold out, plus this way it falls upon the consumer to choose to stay up or not and suffer being a bit tired at work the next day. I don't think a random email sent out is a good way of promoting it for it's start time. But honestly 15% is still a great deal but I agree it could have been dealt with in a better way, midnight and a computer program that cuts off when the boxes are out.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"Am I an idiot for assuming the promotion started at midnight the morning of the 20th? "
No, not at all.
If you are an idiot, it is for not reading the email that announced the offer and laid out the particulars. You are complaining about a problem that only existed because you didn't pay attention.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
No that is how it should have happened.
Well that implies there is an objective right way and wrong way to set the time. You would like it to happen at midnight (EST, I assume). Since you are an hour behind this works to your advantage as you don't have to adjust your bedtime as much as someone in a different time zone. People on the west coast would be in an even better position. So some benefit at the expense of others. With the e-mail, no one benefits from their time zone, but some benefit from where they are and their internet access. No matter what you do, someone is going get the easy path and someone is going to get the difficult one. At least this way the ones who got the advantage were the ones who signed up for e-mails, which is a group any business would reasonably favor, being that they're already receptive to your sales pitch. So what you really mean when you say "that's how it should have happened" is "that's how I would have preferred it to happen."

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Oh, my. Someone making sense. What's next?
downton-abbey-lady-violet-GIF-season-1-episode-7.gif

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well here is a cut and past of the email:
"Huge International Pipe Smoking Day Celebration only at PipesandCigars.com!
International Pipe Smoking Day is upon us again, and, as always, we're bringing the goods on this festive holiday that encompasses all things pipe related. Our favorite day of the year began a few years ago to unite the pipe smoking community in celebration of our favorite pastime. Every February 20th is International Pipe Smoking Day and every year we offer unheard of specials and goodies to the P&C Faithful. But this year we're not going to offer you just one special, or even two. P&C, in celebration of this special day for pipe enthusiasts, is bringing you THREE amazing deals, all beginning right now!
- Russ
IPSD Celebration Sampler

The first part of our IPSD party is a sampler that you won't want to miss. It begins with a nice substantial, thick-walled Italian briar pipe that we purchased from a well-known Italian factory, 6 different tobaccos, a P&C Plaid Roll-Up Pouch, the incredible, new, Rockwell Binge Pipe Tool and a pack of pipe cleaners. The MSRP of this package is $182.53, and our everyday price would normally be $122.39, but for the next week, you can get this huge bargain for only $59.99!
Extremely Limited Goodie Bag BOX

Now, on to the IPSD specials that only run for a short while - for the last four years, we've given a goodie bag to our customers who place an order on IPSD. Despite rumors to the contrary, it's back! But, we felt we had to step-up our game on this special day, so instead of a goodie bag, you will receive a goodie BOX. We could not fit everything in a bag this year, so we had go bigger and better. If you purchase $99 the box will appear in your shopping cart, but, as always, the quantities are limited and they go very quickly. If you place an order and the goodie box does not show up in your cart, that means they are all sold out. One last thing, any order over $99 receives FREE shipping. Act quickly, you will thank us later.
15% off site wide ends midnight on 2/20/2015

So far, these have been pretty big deals, but as the pitchmen say - "But wait! There's more!" Until midnight Eastern Time on IPSD 2/20/2015, you'll get 15% off on your entire purchase when you type in the promo code SAVE15. And, yes, you'll even get the 15% off on the sampler, if you buy one. So join us in celebrating IPSD and save BIG!
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/THURSDAYDEALC
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/PC6BULK http://www.pipesandcigars.com/NEWPIPES6
This offer cannot be combined with other offers.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/PC6GIFTCARD

Pipes and Cigars Gift Cards
Give them the perfect gift...give them a gift card.
When you're just not sure, gift cards are guaranteed to keep your pipe-and-cigar-loving friends and family happy. Let them check out our massive selection of discounted pipes, cigars, and accessories for themselves and pick exactly what they want. Send a personalized gift certificate along with the Pipes and Cigars catalog and guarantee a grateful gift recipient each and every time.
https://www.facebook.com/PipesandCigars https://twitter.com/PipesandCigars1
PipesandCigars.com - 1911 Spillman Dr. - Dept. #26 - Bethlehem, PA 18015 - 1-800-494-9144
At PipesandCigars.com we only sell our products to adults who meet the legal age requirement to purchase tobacco products.
ABOUT US - PipesandCigars.com was started in 1999 in a small retail location in a mall. We've been online since then and have delivered 100's of thousands of packages to satisfied customers.
Even though we have grown beyond what we thought would be possible we still work very hard at maintaining the true smoke shop experience. If you have any questions about our products or services our team is ready and waiting for your call at 1-800-494-9144.
Take some time to visit our humble website or visit our blog TalkingTobacco.com. If those don't give you your fill make sure to Like us on Facebook or sign up for our twice weekly newsletter via email at the top of every page on our website. Enjoy!
If you feel you have received this message in error or you wish to be removed from the specials list, please use this link to unsubscribe: Unsubscribe Here"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The email was sent on the 19th and I highlighted the phrase "all beginning right now!"
I usually always miss out on things like this since I am at work and these types of offers always seem to show up from vendors in the early afternoon. In either case I have no ill will towards P&C and will purchase from them in the future. It's just that I could not bring myself to purchase anything this time since the 15% is very good but I have to pay the 6% PA sales tax so the goodie box was the item that would have made me pull the trigger, without it there was nothing pressing I needed so I was not going to buy something just to save 10%. There will be future sales that may be even better, so I can wait.
Side note, I did use the planned purchase cash to get some Peretti blends I have wanted to try.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
all beginning right now!
Well that's pretty straight forward sounding.
Well that implies there is an objective right way and wrong way to set the time. You would like it to happen at midnight (EST, I assume)

No I assume CST.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Now I know the promotion for international pipe day was actually for international pipe day eve. I hear they may also be running some thanksgiving day sales this Easter....

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
For those that are a little bent that they were not able to take advantage of the gift "Box" this year I will say that last years gift bag was nothing to ruin your day if you missed out on. I was not at work and was on P&C immediately. I posted this earlier but one of the estates I liked was too much $$$ IMO. It was a estate Sav Hercules Canadian @ $80. New they are $100 @ SP. Even with the 15% off it was nothing to get excited about as SP had it at 10% off as well AND it was NEW.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/89811/savinelli-hercules-canadian/#p-172090
The $59 sampler got my attention but once I gave it a good look there was also not much there to get my money. It would be good for someone new to pipes but not really for anyone on the forums that has been around a while. A couple days earlier I was on P&C looking for 250g boxes of SG FVF, but they only had the small tins. So when it was all said and done I could not find anything that I wanted to make it worth trying to get the "Box" freebee this yr. In a few days we will all know what was in the "Box" and will know if we really missed out. Also I have no issues with P&C and have ordered from them before. I am only stating that at this time I could not find anything I WANTED or was reasonably priced in order to qualify for this years "Box" deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.