PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
They really dropped the ball, IMO.
It's a bit "scam-ish" getting people all excited with full shopping carts ready to order.
They know that many / most will place the orders anyway for the 15% deal ... I did.
All you can say is ... oh well. That's not the last words you want to hear from a loyal customer.
Hell, I ordered over $100 worth of cigars just last week even though I knew this deal was coming.
Lastly, it's not even IPSD yet ... they ran out of the promo before the damn day arrived! :crazy:

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Cobguy that's the biggest joke of it all its not even IPSD yet ..pretty lame

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I agree I know I am fortunate to have got my order in quick while I was at work, but I was anticipating the sell to start at midnight and I almost didn't put in an order at all glad I did, hopefully the box is something worth while. I think it should be randomized that way you have no clue if you get it or not until you already checked out.

Jan 8, 2013
I can understand some of you being a little bummed out that you didn't get the goodie box before they ran out. But they did state in the email that the goodie box was extremely limited. 15% off everything else is still a great deal. I'm a bit bummed out about it as well. I just got home from work and I didn't even have a chance to try. I'm not going to cease being a Pipes and Cigars customer over it though. I'll gladly order something from them today if I find something I like.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Of course I am bummed that I could not get the goodie box and I know that they stated that the box's available were limited. I do not dislike P&C and would purchase from them in the future if they have something I would like, my only point is that they lost my sale because of the limited availability.
mmjk-"I wonder if it was possible that people made multiple $100 orders just to hoard more stuff?"
I of course have no proof, but I would bet my paycheck that that is exactly what happened.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
Obviously ways around it, but thought the email said only one box per household.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
ember, I also tried removing and adding items. I even logged out and back in. Ah, the tricks we will try to work electronic magic...
Obviously the end of the goodie box promotion is not hurting traffic to the P&C site. Page loads are incredibly slow. SP was having similar trouble earlier.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
This is super lame. How are you going to broadly advertise an extra incentive only to run out in less than a couple of hours? This is horrendous.
Great day, man, have a sense of proportion. Horrendous is when a busload of nuns and orphans plunges off a cliff, bursts into flames and lands on top of an animal shelter. This was a box of stuff. The box was FREE, they said that availability was "Extremely Limited", plus they took 15% off your order, no matter what.
P&C just gave away stuff for free to a couple hundred folks. You are out nothing, you save 15%. And you still bitch about it.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
@ woods,

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to order some stuff this weekend, but I guess I'll get to it today.
BTW, Slim Pickens is the man. "We'll work up a number 6 on 'em"

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
I have enjoyed doing business with both P&C and Smokingpipes, but I have never had any luck with my timing on the IPSD goodie box at P&C. You have to wonder when the number of canceled orders involved in this promotion will have them rethinking how they market this sale. 15% is a good deal for many, and I will try again next year to have better timing. Enjoy the box boys, will look forward to hearing what they included this year.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
How does it make a lick of sense that an item that is an incentive to place an order is a extremely limited item in the first place?? They know how many qualifying orders were placed last year, there should have been at least that number of goodie boxes available.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Talked to a friend who works with Sutlif and he said that the 200 boxes were equal to the value of the 2000 bags they gave away last year and that people were complaining last year that what they gave wasn't really worth the having to buy 100.00 worth of stuff. We'll see I hope to get mine Monday

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I am of the opinion that the limited giveaway is just fine. We all want a better deal, that is axiomatic, but 15% off works fine for me as I was too late for the bonus. I will not camp-out for Black Friday deals and lose no sleep over that. So I got a Comoy #87 Woodstock Traditional for $78, works for me as I have been wanting one.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I think and understand it was limited and I think most need to realize that just like some of the best blends on the market example penzance and stonehaven were a limited supply and now you can't find them and slowly noticing with Seattle pipe clubs Mississippi River and plum pudding starting to become harder to find because limited production. I think everyone has to realize in the tobacco world it's always limited whether it's a special blend or a special gift. Also pipe smoking isn't nearly as abundant as it used to be no need to get mad at p&c they at least sell pipe supplies and tobacco. For me my nearest pipe shop is a 45 min drive. We need to be thankful for what we still have and enjoy pipe smoking today. Embrace the hobby that we do besides 15% off is still an awesome deal.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The universe is infinite. That's about it. There is a limit to everything, especially when the word "free" is associated with it.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Just want to say one last thing I'm not mad at P&C and will definitely buy from them in the furture Just maybe mad a myself for not planing better OR knowing what I wanted when I was makeing up my order . If P&C made an effort to put together a kick ass box this year because last years wasn't up to snuff then i applauded them. I'd rather had a chance at one kick ass box in a small amount than a number of less than appealing boxes in a large amount .

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I still went in last night and slaughtered the 15% sale. I was just annoyed that I missed the box. In hindsight I should have been prepared for bandwidth issues from a gov't computer trying to get an order in there... I was just vexed because I HAD loaded my cart, but it vanished and wouldn't reload at all until after the rush was over. lol
I'll order from a T1 line next year...
Also, If you haven't ordered from P&C yet, Do NOT forget to preorder a couple (or more) tins of the new SPC Va/Per/+ 'Deception Pass'.
It is heavenly!

Status
Not open for further replies.