PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
You should look for a pipe with a bamboo stem. Pandas like bamboo, right? :puffy:
I would have to reserve such a pipe for blends I simply cannot stand, or heavy English mixes. Anything tasty and I might not have a stem left..talk about excessive chatter.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Happy IPSD to everyone. I looked and looked for a pipe to buy but nothing intrigues me enough to purchase anything. I don't need any more tobacco so that's a no go.
My first bowl of the day is some 2001 Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug which I am smoking while I type. I am almost out of this tin and I will be bummed when it is all gone. I have my second bowl planned with some 2012 Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake. I am not sure about my third, maybe some 2008 Escudo or some 2002 Solani 633 or maybe some 2012 SG St James Flake, it will definitely be a Vaper.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Was hoping to have some cash for IPSD, but the transfer I'm waiting for hasn't come through. Ah well, TP.com doesn't have sales on toby anyway.
I'll just see if I can finally break out my new churchwarden with some Capstan.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Cheers to all on IPSD! Good deals going on.
I love the artwork of Rene Magritte, and I just discovered that a while back, Ser Jacopo made a line of pipes based off of those found in his paintings. I don’t have a Ser Jacopo so I looked around but couldn’t find the one I wanted, I guess because it’s an older line and not as widely available. That will hopefully be my next pipe purchase. Looks like I’ll spend this IPSD enjoying what I already have, rather than obtaining something I don’t. Very good all the same!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Ser Jacopo made a line of pipes based off of those found in his paintings.

If you ever have a link to those, please do share. I like some of his artwork too, and once used it as inspiration for a photo series. Empire of Lights is one of my favourite paintings.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I’ll spend this IPSD enjoying what I already have, rather than obtaining something I don’t.
Sage advice that is.
I had to hold my finger from getting a new pipe just because it was on sale. I keep telling myself that when I get my bulldog back from being refinished it will be like a new pipe.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Nothing ordered here. If P&C had had a 20% off sale on tobacco like last year I may have done so, but 10% wasn't enough to trigger a purchase

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
Agree. It takes 20-25% to get my attention. 10% isn't going to motivate me to buy, unless I was on the fence about making an order.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Just some pouches of chestnut and derby club aromatic from P&C as I have not tried them yet. Didnt want to buy a whole tub with out sampling them first

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Nothing ordered here. If P&C had had a 20% off sale on tobacco like last year I may have done so, but 10% wasn't enough to trigger a purchase
No goodie bags? Only 10% off?

Don’t really “need” anything, but I would usually make a IPSD purchase for the savings and the fun aspect of the swag. I’ll pass.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Two Savinelli 904's showed up today. (thanks to Capt Embers the Enabler)...
A Roma and an Alligator. Beautiful pipes, now I understand. Love the shape for sure.
I thought the USPS would be off today in observance of IPSD? Guess not! :lol:

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Pipesandcigars 20% code last week some received was the best I have seen, stocked up on Savinelli Doblone D’Oro.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Ordered some tobacco from SPC. But then again, I was going to order it anyway. Ten percent off was nice, and the free express shipping even better.

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
If P&C had had a 20% off sale on tobacco like last year I may have done so, but 10% wasn't enough to trigger a purchase
Same here, had I taken advantage of the preview deal I would have got 15-20% off my order with no exceptions. Today's 10% deal has exceptions and it's just my luck they happen to be on the items I would have ordered. Oh well I'll enjoy what I have, grab a sample or 2 elsewhere, and await a better sale to bulk up the cellar.

Jan 8, 2013
Woooooooooo!!!!!! Happy IPSD everyone!!!! I just got home from work... it was my super insanely ridiculously early day. I had to go in at 5am today and all I've been thinking about was getting home to a pipe and some tobacco. Old Toby from The Country Squire wins out for my first smoke today. I'm going to do some browsing of the retailers, and see what I might get.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm still almost 2 months away from being able to smoke again so I celebrated with a small hot chocolate.
I also got an email from LJ Peretti, offering 15% on pipes and 10% on their house blends. Tomorrow only, from 8am-8pm, likely eastern time.
Did it look like this would be available to all? Cause I got a list of 6 of their house blends I've been wanting to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.