PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacklx

Lurker
May 4, 2019
It seems I have to introduce myself so here goes. Firstly I should explain I don't smoke a pipe and gave up 'roll-ups' using Old Holborn in 1964. Just after WW2 I started a collection of tobacco labels, only did it for a short while. I've posted a couple of photos on my 'profile' whatever that is but if anyone's interested in seeing them all this link should enable you to view the folder in my dropbox,

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1xhydg990wehnlx/AABxIJetlruTE4zTafGGVSVka?dl=0

Most of the labels are quite worn, they were mainly found in the gutter, British people were as bad at littering then as now, sadly now there's much more stuff to throw away.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Fantastic images. I bet there's some Black Frigate lovers around here who would love to try Pirate Shag and Westward Ho! :puffy:
p.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You are curator of a distinct patch of history -- U.K., WWII, and graphic design of the period as well. Welcome aboard. I'm in central N.C. in the U.S. I've been to U.K. twice, once a rambling visit around London, Canterbury, the Lake District, and a quick trip to Scotland (the only organized tour). Another trip later just to London, to climb the dome at St. Paul to the lantern at the top and to visit the War Rooms, among much else.

Jan 8, 2013
It was interesting to see some of the old labels for blends we still see today. Erinmore Flake, and John Cottons for example.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.
I may be headed west, Hap, but must we resort to name calling?? :lol:
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.