PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Start at the southern point, then you can rest from your trek in Waterton Lakes! ?

Northbound is definitely the way to go! New Mexico's deserts are beautiful but they're a a bit of an anticlimactic finishing line. I hadn't planned on continuing into Canada, but my passport is current ?‍♀️ so why the heck not?

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My MGB gets a fair bit of my attention and time.
This winter, I decided to replace the Weber DGEV carb (they make great grills, terrible carbs) with a set of older set SU's. My buddy, who sold me the carbs suggest I pull the head, get it check and do a valve job/port & polish. That led to also install a set of higher compression pistons. 108611086210863

We do all of our own landscaping, that takes up a good bit of Spring/Summer time (and reminds me to do my mower winter prep soon...)

I'm a fan of the Baltimore Ravens (Lamar MVP!), the Washington Capitals and F1 racing.

We have a three year old granddaughter in the New Orleans area, so we travel there from Maryland with some frequency. (heading down there tomorrow)

It is pretty cool to see other members interests!

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
I'm quite involved with music. I'm a jazz drummer and have my own trio, as well as playing in another trio. We gig a lot and it is serious enough of a "hobby" that we produced a CD. Since I make money playing, I suppose it's not exactly a hobby, but it certainly is not my day job. I'm also into both British and Italian sports cars (oddly enough, I'm also into British and Italian pipes). I drive an Alfa and am exploring purchase of a Triumph. I do a lot of reading, but to some extent it's work. And travel. I've managed to travel many parts of the world and, although I don't much like getting to other places (because airline companies have made travel miserable) I do enjoy being in places outside of the US. My work also involves regular travel overseas.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
He needs a strong defensive coordinator and maybe some help recruiting guys that can play defense at the very least.

Personally, I love him. I think he's a comedic gift to mankind. I love watching his QBs play. But watching Anthony Gordon throw 9 TDs in a single game and not winning? That was a bitter pill to swallow.
He is definitely funny! Especially with post game/halftime interviews, haha. Yeah, Connor Halladay set some record like that in a loss to California a few years ago as well. I think it was yardage, he threw for like 700+ yards and 6TDs in a loss or something like that. Oh the Air Raid. It's quite a thing.

Reactions: litup

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
I have a similar goal. I'm hoping to hike the Appalachian trail after I retire from the Navy. I have about one year left.

I had no idea you were in the Navy. Thank you for your service, my dude ?

A couple of my hiker-trash friends have successfully thru hiked the AT. One (who I trust) told me "Don't let anybody tell you it's a nature experience. It's just a 6 month pub crawl in the woods."
Whether you trust that statement or not is up to you, but either way- I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time and feel a well-earned sense of victory when you summit Katahdin.

Reactions: diamondback

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
When I can stomach being away from my kids for an overnight trip (I always say I could use a break, but when I take one I cry like a little baby) I have a big passion for winter backpacking

How old are your kids? I suppose that is my other hobby. I have one in graduate school and the other is in 8th grade. Much of my time is devoted to taking the 8th grader to endless activities and helping her through all of the angst she has about life. She's the sort for whom a 99 is a failing grade...

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
Oh my, this could get ugly.
3D archery and bow hunting
Scuba diving
Flying piston airplanes
Sportbikes
Knives
Guns
Metal detecting
Herpetology
Fresh and salt water aquarium keeping
60’s muscle cars
Bulldogs
Fishing (which naturally leads to small boat engine repair)
And most recently, restoration of antique center draft lamps and kerosene heaters

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
How old are your kids? I suppose that is my other hobby. I have one in graduate school and the other is in 8th grade. Much of my time is devoted to taking the 8th grader to endless activities and helping her through all of the angst she has about life. She's the sort for whom a 99 is a failing grade...
I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. The years are going by in a blur and I'm trying to soak up every moment before they grow up. I was like that about grades when I was young, I'd have a break down if I got anything less then a 100 lol

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. The years are going by in a blur and I'm trying to soak up every moment before they grow up. I was like that about grades when I was young, I'd have a break down if I got anything less then a 100 lol
The time does go by quickly. It seems like yesterday that my son (in grad school) was a toddler. Unfortunately for my daughter, her parents are both perfectionists (although I am more relaxed than my wife), so she got the gene. Our son got it, too. The ages from about 5 - 10 are a lot of fun. I also had a lot of fun with my son as he got into baseball and then became very serious about it. For a while, my life revolved around batting cages and baseball diamonds.

Jack T

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2019
See, Workman? If the Captain says reading is a hobby, it’s a hobby! Now the whole crew will be backing him. No one wants to be assigned cleaning the head with a toothbrush for a month.
Reading is definitely not a hobby for me. I do read for fun, to some extent, but my work involves a great deal of reading, so it's really work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.