PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
While searching ebay, I ran across this collection of pipes. I have never heard of the carver before, but after looking him up on pedia, I thought it was interesting. The pipes are interesting with all the gold bands and dots in the stems.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bellezia-Craftmans-Collection-Tobacco-Pipes-Miltons-Personal-Pipes/253385656069?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here're three of them. I'm not fond of square shanks, and neither is my girl.
s-l1600.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Smooths, but the embellishments are whimsical and don't add to the shaping; odd, and incredibly overpriced.

piffyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2015
I'd like to know who 'Milton' is.
From the auction listing...
"Master Craftsman Milton Kalnitz of Bellezia Tobacco in New York State [...] One of the Very Best American Pipe Makers and One of the Very Few True American Artists in Briar"
Personally, I've never heard of him, but a few of the pipes are interesting and appear to be fairly well executed. Those oversized bands are a big turnoff for me though.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'd like to know who 'Milton' is.
Well it isn't John.
They're interesting shapes and with the double comfort stems, quite influenced by Charatan. The spiel on the listing really makes me think it's a friend of the family, or a family member selling these. The price is pure wishful thinking given it's an unknown carver, and used. They might be worth every penny, but that's a lot to spend on an unknown in one lump sum.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
"Milton" is Milton Bellezia of the shop by the family name, located just East of Buffalo NY. I've heard good things about this shop,but I just don't venture that far West when working the NY Thruway. (it's a few hours farther than my last travel plaza)

http://belleziatobaccoshop.com/

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I had never heard of the guy either. I believe it is probably a family member who probably has some emotional attachment to the pipes. Prices are high, should be interesting to see how low they will go. I was thinking of offering 50.00 a pipe, but not for a while. Let them come down on their own for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.