New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot that I disagree with and some things I agree with. I could stand on a street corner and hand out some fine Montecristos or Cohibas, and only about 1% would have any interest.

I also find that "cigar bars" seem to be full of women smoking cigars. But, I wouldn't say it was prevalent in society at large.

Also, cigar specific stores that I have visited have a non-white collar clientele. It used to be an upper class sentiment to share a cigar after negotiating terms of contracts and such. But, I don't see that in any of the cigar specific stores that I have visited. It's more blue-collar, with Anarchy, Diesel, skulls, and tattoo aesthetics. (not judging) I still enjoy going to these places, but I just note the lack of any white collar-ness.
Still cigars are about 25-1 more popular than pipes. But, the ritual of cigars in business aesthetics is gone, or nearly invisible.
I don't see how legalization of another substance would have any impact on cigar sells. It would be my guestimation that most cigars guys would be at home with... that stuff.
I do know more people who have had to give up cigars because of heart conditions than cigarettes or pipes. One guy who owns a cigar show near me is hooked to a heart monitor and has restricted any smoking in his store because of his health... kinda creepy.
But, really, these are just my observations and thoughts while reading this. I guess someone else will have different ones. Was I supposed to see something else in the article? Did I miss something? I hope I passed. :puffy:

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
I didn't read the whole article but seems to fit in our gender neutral society. Women will be the future in cigar smoking as well as most business in general. We've got an entire male population living in parents basements clutching participation trophies. Smoke a celebratory cigar ? No my history teacher said it will kill me. Makes me sad if it's true and the boom is over say goodbye to most if not all b & ms

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Trends come and go. However, there is an entrenched culture that prefers finer and older things, and pipes and cigars seem to be part of that.
Consider this:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/decade-record-store-day-world-vinyl-190631631.html
Hipsters? Or just people tired of the disposable objects and digital culture games?

Status
Not open for further replies.