PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I just wanted to give a brief synopsis of my first bowl oh SG Black Cherry. I purchased this tobacco on my recent trip to Moscow. I have not seen this tobacco available in the US and did not see it reviewed on TR. I will try to write a full review of this after more experience with the blend. (Actually, I have a plan to author a comparative review of the more than 20 cherry blends that I have, but that is for the future).
The tobacco is described as “A smooth Black Cavendish with the flavour of Ripe Cherries” (SG’s capitalization).
Like most SG tobaccos, Black Cherry was slightly moist in the tin but, not overly so. I have the tobacco about 20 minutes of air time before packing in my Muhsin volcano meerschaum. My initial light told me this was not what most folks would relate as a ‘typical’ cherry blend. The first puffs had a strong, deep tobacco taste. The Cherry was present but, definitely in the rear. My impression through the first half of the bowl was, “this ain’t no wussy aromatic”. It indeed was not. The tobacco remained high on the strength meter. I believe the nic hit was probably above average as well, though I have a high tolerance to the stuff. The cherry presented itself more affirmatively throughout the bowl. This was not a gloopy, candied cherry. It was more of the cherry taste familiar to me in my favorite cherry blend GH Exclusive Top Cherry.
The tobacco only required a few relights and burned completely to a lovely white ash.
My initial overall opinion is that I quite liked it. It can profanely be called a ‘cherry blend with balls’. Comparativey, it would equate to GH Cherry Rope that has been rubbed out. For me, that is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.