PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I was just joking about a pick but I would be happy to help identify as much as I can for ya. If you want to, PM me and I'll give my email for any help you need.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
cool deal guys pm emails and i will get with u . @nightmare , ill give u a few picks to restore the 4 or 5 i really like .

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Cajundad:
You scored a terrific lot of pipes and there's definitely some prime burners on that table.
PM sent.
Fnord

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
thanks nsfisher . id love to see your work . nightmare had some nice restores i seen . with the 75 i inherited i now have a total of 87 pipes and 3 that need stems . one of the three has a piece of lucite from a broken stem stuck in the shaft . its an irc . would a screw treaded into the lucite be safe to try to pull it out ?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Some try it for a fix. In a case such as that, with a valuable pipe, I would send it away for a fix. Walkerbriar is quite well thought of here. They do amazing work.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
thanks nsfisher . id love to see your work
No problem mate. There are many members on here who put my modest restorations to shame. I have done about 50 in the past yr or so. I have a 1953 Patent Dunhill Tanshell in the process right now. It is restored now to what I usually consider "good enough for me", but I have elected to go beyond what I normally do. I am waiting on a "Kit" at the moment before I can complete the restoration.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
you guys PM me with email and adress and i may just surprise and send one for {what us Coonasses in cajunland call

] squats & giggles . haha

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Very cool my friend. You should keep a few and join this hobby and wonderful community. If you decide to stay I say welcome aboard and if you have any questions about the forum or anything pipe related feel free to shoot me a PM anytime and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
thanks photoman , ive smoked pipes for a few years and always wanted to learn more . this new inherited lot has definatly kept me busy digging for info . thanks for the welcome . ill be here untill they throw me out , lol

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I started out buying an estate at an antique store that I didn't properly clean and I grew up with a family of anti-smokers. So needless to say I didn't know much about pipe smoking. This forum has really taught me a bunch. There are a few here who I consider mentors and a bunch I now call friends. There is actually another gentleman who we all call The Old Cajun who has a vast array of pipes and knowledge.
I can tell just by looking you have some quality pipes there. If you are a handy person I say try and restore some of the cheaper ones yourself as that is another part of this amazing hobby I enjoy. If they turn out well you could try and restore some of the better pieces. There are many articles and threads about restoration, which is just basically a deep cleaning or you can just start one yourself and ask for advice directly.
I wish you luck and hope you stick around.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
thanks a bunch . i think ill try . not sure witch or cheaper , but i guess since i have abot 30 kaywoodies , ill try one of them . best place to buy cheap supplies would be great . thanks again photoman .

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Amazon is a good source for many things needed. Be careful with the Kaywoodies, too, as they are pretty collectable and some are pretty valuable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.