PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I recently attended my first pipe show, the West Coast Pipe Show, and now I’m hooked.

I was looking for plane tickets to the Chicago Show, but I don’t know if I could justify $250 + hotel fees + buying pipes and/or tobacco. With Vegas I can just make the four hour drive. I might go to the Chicago Show, but I was wondering, what are some of the other good pipe shows? I am located in Southern California.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In the Southeast U.S., there is the TAPS pipe show at the Raleigh, N.C., Fairgrounds in April. On the West Coast I think Vegas is the main event. Both these are smaller scale shows compared to Chicago in a distant suburb, and New York which is in New Jersey. Those are the biggies. Brief advice: plan your spending careful, because you will spend, so know exactly what you are doing to the degree possible. Pick up business cards so you aren't making all your decisions in a day or two. Feel free to go home and think it over. Conversation is the most valuable part; you'll learn a lot and meet some folks. It should be fun and relaxed. Don't limp home broke! Make a final loop toward the end of the show if you can. People can make some astonishing generous offers at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.