PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I wish I had this when I first picked up the pipe! Great exemplars of each blend there.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
In the early days of computers, we called these graphics "flow charts," or "logic charts," and, having nothing better to do while a room full of huge computers spun their tapes and generated printouts, we invented charts for all sorts of situations, from "should I get married?" to "do I need to go to the bathroom?" You can only imagine. But this is the first I've seen on choosing pipe tobaccos. Cool!

amiller

Might Stick Around
Jun 8, 2013
Not entirely certain how FVF gets listed under "No Nic Kick", I know I'm enough of a lightweight for this to be just my problem though.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
I find it very interesting that, of the tobaccos listed, all the ones I generally smoke are in one block: (following the flow chart) complex>not super smoky>not sweet> Westminster, Nightcap, Penzance,3 Oaks Syrian, and Wilderness. Never had more than a bowl of any of the others, except 1Q.

thefoolish

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
Yep, the input from /r/pipetobacco was very helpful in making it. Thanks to them, the VaPers were added, as was Lane 1Q.
I'm really glad so many are enjoying this! That makes the time I spent not doing law-school work well worth it! :)

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
This is great, thanks a bunch for the post. I missed it when you first posted it, glad I saw it .

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Nice !!!!!

I think I did find my tobaccos.

Now I am in 1Q and Night Cap but I might move to FM cellar.

That is the tobacco type I always wanted.

frost

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2014
Colorado
Thank you for sharing this. Based upon the chart I decided to try Gaslight and am very happy with it. I think I'll pick up some Escudo next.

Status
Not open for further replies.