PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
369fa92a-2980-4715-a05c-7fe58ff5d75f-463x600.jpg

Does this handiwork look familiar to anyone? The top pipe I found somewhere a decade or two ago and the other I just acquired. They look like they might both be the handiwork of the same artist.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
These are not just “souvenir” pipes as they both appear to have been well used before I acquired them. As a matter of fact, the top one has a heavy cake. The one time I’ve actually smoked it left me feeling extremely mellow, beyond all expectations! An analysis of that cake could yield some interesting results! The other benefit of that cake was that the antler itself had no effect on the flavor of the tobacco that I was smoking.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Antler? Antler? What makes you sure it’s something so prosaic? I think they’re made out of the spine of a scoliotic wolverine. You can tell by the way the bowl curves.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Unfortunately, my tomahawk pipe is a stainless steel reproduction, but Hugo may extrapolate on that, considering that modern warfare has doubtless generated aquatic drones as well as the aerial ones that we are familiar with. (Robodolphins?) Taking the next step might make it fashioned from a robodolphin femur, making it a kind of modern day trench art..?

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Added the tomahawk & I just tried my hand at converting one of my old belts into a pipe stand, retaining the Indian themed belt buckle.
9aaca39c-8ec1-4986-b98d-e9f33d07b6a4-593x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.