PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Howdy fellows,

Relatives of mine will make it across the pond next week for a city trip to Seattle. Now I‘d like to know, where I might send them to find some American blends for me. Do you have any B&M recommendation in Seattle? Also how are the prices per tin in B&Ms?

Thanks a lot!

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
One of the more interesting B&M shops in Seattle is the world famous Kirsten’s.
Besides the usual cigars, briars and pipe tobaccos they are the company retail outlet for the famous Kirsten pipe. This is a system pipe originally designed and manufactured by an engineer who did custom parts and designs for Boeing aircraft. The pipe has a machined aluminum body to trap moisture and interchangeable briar and meerschaum bowls. I have two or three around here some where. Don’t smoke them myself but the design has it’s fans.
Here’s a link to their web site:
Kirsrenpipe.com
It’s been a few years since I’ve been there and I believe it was remodeled but it is a interesting and unique shop.

Reactions: burleyboy

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Sadly there aren’t many good pipe stores here in Seattle any longer.
Besides Kirsten’s, the The Tinderbox in Tacoma is worth a visit, particularly if you are looking for a better selection of tobaccos. Tacoma is about 40 miles south of downtown Seattle. It is arguably the best tobacco store in the Seattle area, certainly the best stocked with tin and the usual Lane line of bulk tobaccos. The staff is generally knowledgeable and helpful.
Here is a link to their web site:
Tinderbox WA

Reactions: burleyboy

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Thanks for your kind advice, peregrinus. I’ll check them out and ask them via email if they got some of the US blends I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.