PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Some cigar cases work well for pipes too. I mainly speak of the "Herf-a-dor" found on www. Cigarsinternational.com, it's a nice tight fit comes in varying sizes and made from pelican cases. Always worth a look at least.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
This is the best I have found so far for my needs. It will fit two 7.5 in. pipes, some cleaners, lighter, tamper and a small tobacco pouch. Must larger than this is out of my comfort zone. Mine is dark brown leather.

2in. x 9 in. x 5 in.
LwcfKOHl.jpg

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
We aren't "most people", we are pipe smokers. A sport coat comes with membership.
I would like to say it is only a symptom of people in my generation, but that would be untrue. The general quality of dress of most people in this day in age can best be described as pathetic. That goes from 30 somethings all the way up to guys that are 50 and think that sweatpants are an appropriate way to go out.
I shake my head all the time.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
We aren't "most people", we are pipe smokers. A sport coat comes with membership.
I have mine. I wear one at least 4 days a week, and make it a habit when I go out. I wish I could say the same for most others I see out and about.
I wish I could say it is only a symptom of people in my generation, but that would be untrue. The general quality of dress of most people in this day in age can best be described as pathetic. That goes from 30 somethings all the way up to guys that are 50 and think that sweatpants are an appropriate way to go out.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I have mine. I wear one at least 4 days a week, and make it a habit when I go out. I wish I could say the same for most others I see out and about.
I wish I could say it is only a symptom of people in my generation, but that would be untrue. The general quality of dress of most people in this day in age can best be described as pathetic. That goes from 30 somethings all the way up to guys that are 50 and think that sweatpants are an appropriate way to go out.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015

skraps

Sep 9, 2015

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I'd like to say it is only a symptom of people in my generation, but that would be untrue. The general quality of dress of most people in this day in age can best be described as pathetic. That goes from 30 somethings all the way up to guys that are 50 and think that sweatpants are an appropriate way to go out.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I'd like to say it is only a symptom of people in my generation, but that would be untrue. The general quality of dress of most people in this day in age can best be described as pathetic. That goes from 30 somethings all the way up to guys that are 50 and think that sweatpants are an appropriate way to go out.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Sorry for the multi-posts. Al, if you are out there, can you delete all but one. Must have happened when the site was having a stroke.

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
My grandfather kept a pipe in the sun visor of his pick-up, and a can for Prince Albert on the dash.
He was retired military and very neat about his personal effects. You would have been hard put to ever catch him without a barlow pocket knife, rolling papers or his Zippo. He always rolled his own, until a stroke limited the use of his hands a couple of years before he passed.
In the house he placed his pipe/pipes in an empty cigar box, he always had a large can of P.A. near buy.
I never saw him travel in the years I knew him. But he did pack his bag near the end to go to the nursing home.
In it was a can of P.A. and his favorite pipe was neatly wrapped in a new sock.
I am pretty comfortable that I know what his reaction would have been if someone where to offer him a purse for his tobacco needs...

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I am pretty comfortable that I know what his reaction would have been if someone where to offer him a purse for his tobacco needs...
My Uncle would likely have the same reaction. The reality is though--good or bad--that most of the pipe smokers that we interact with on a daily basis, are not in the "one pipe, one tobacco" mentality. Everyone is concerned with rotation. Guys have different blends for different moods/seasons/phases of the moon. It's all about variety. Add to that needing pipe socks, cleaners, tampers and matches and lighters... all the sudden, a pocket doesn't cut it anymore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gave me a Savenelli two churchwarden leather case three Christmases ago. There is plenty of room for an extra pipe or two besides the churchwardens, plus pipe cleaners, tools, a bag or two of tobacco and matches. It's a beautiful kit. My only caution is, it is an appealing item someone might steal. An simple Walmart shaving bag in nylon with a zipper compartment or two is a good camouflage if you are toting carry-on bags.
Some of the old Levi denim jackets have big roomy inside pockets and button-down front pockets that accommodate pipes nicely, for sampling tobacco at a pipe show and such.

jporter

Lurker
Jan 4, 2016
I've recently been exploring different carry around options. I picked this box up at hobby lobby last week. I like it for my pipe shelf. It helps me feel a bit more organized, but I don't know that I'll carry it anywhere but around the house.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/luVhP79nCwMUVhvpZDBY3iMxw4jQr3F9QY6keuZmpIN?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Check this out. I just had this idea today.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-perfect-inexpensive-yet-classy-travel-kit-pics
Cheers,
J

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
I went to the local Wal-Mart and picked up a zip up cosmetic case to carry my pipes. It can carry a half dozen pipes all secured by elastic bands. There is a plastic pouch inside the case to keep matches and pipe cleaners dry and a pocket to carry an extra tin or two of tobacco. The case is made of black canvas and it works very well and one would never know that it was not designed as a pipe case. Also, if I remember correctly it cost between $5.00 to $10.00.

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
Until last week I was using a Shure microphone pouch...but I just got a Viking Denmark carrying case...I would recommend if you are buying a purpose built case to go to a B&M so you can be sure you like what you are getting, it can be hard to tell about dimensions when shopping online.

Status
Not open for further replies.