In Preperation For St. Paddy's Day, What's Your Favorite Irish Whiskey?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
9 Fresh Radice Pipes
36 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I also think you should go with Teeling and write a review of it on this thread. This is a purely selfish suggestion. I've not tried Teeling and would like to hear more reviews about it.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Like Duane I'm bucking the tradition, so screw it, I'm having some Laphroaig! My Kennedy ancestors will be turning in their graves.... :roll:

Seriously Duane, I've never seen that rum before. Irish Rum?! looks rather tasty!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
What's Your Favorite Irish Whiskey?
I forgot the obvious answer. My favorite Irish whiskey is the one I'm currently drinking. Or the one someone bought me for free. Or, you know, anything else along those lines.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
And the resilience of Irish people is incredible. Everywhere in the world I've gone I've seen evidence of their presence. That some of my ancestors survived the imposed famine is a source of pride for me.

so the Irish wouldn't take over the world. Looks like it worked.

In a sense they/we have. Not in a imperialistic sense but you'll find contributions from the Irish everywhere.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
GOD created whiskey so the Irish wouldn't take over the world.
That and the reformation.
An Irish Lullaby (EDIT: pipe content: Leprechaun with pipe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBRKt9bQT10

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Seriously Duane, I've never seen that rum before. Irish Rum?! looks rather tasty!
It blew my mind too. A friend of mine taking a sabbatical in the U.K. shot me that across the pond last month for my birthday. It is wonderful!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Okay, here is my swan song for this forum. I can not abide a forum that will tolerate such an insufferable ass as "trouttimes". It is true that there are a limited number of things to discuss about pipe smoking. The camaraderie, however, was a nice aspect of this online space. I will not, and can not, tolerate such a person as this. I might forgive his abuse of language, the fact that he his a transplant contributing to the ruination of one of my favorite places, and other heinous aspects of his person. I will not tolerate his public proclamation against Irish people and people with Irish ancestry.
Good bye.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, looks like it came down to the Teeling. I just ran out and bought the bottle. They had about 5, so maybe if I like it enough I'll pick up more. For $37 and change with tax, I think it's a pretty damn good deal! Will follow up with my review once cracked and sampled.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
As my dear Irish grandma was prone to observe, "Pity the Irish, our wars are so glad and our lives are so sad."
I'm Irish by heritage only. One thing I do know is, most Irish have a great sense of humor, irony, and survival. It's the reason Ireland emerged as a country only early in the 20th Century. Before that it was country of septs, tribes and under the English heel. If we couldn't find a Viking or Englishman to fight why ... we'd fight each other. That's why it took over 700 years to partially rid the Island of the English.
A few words on the interweb are hardly worth getting one's panties in a bunch over.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My ancestry is Shawnee and Scotts-Irish from the Appalachian Mountains. Hill folk through and through. As much prone to partaking from the moonshine as they are a good meal. Loving, loyal, and fiercely defensive of family, beliefs, and property.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Wow! I push a button there. I'm German Irish by way of Georgia. My wife is Irish thru and thru by way of Texas. She says I'm an acquired taste. I'm too old and been thru far too much to change. Sorry if I offended you.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Yowza. My Irish wife’s Irish grandpa McGinnis first told me that joke: “The Irish would have ruled the world if we hadn’t invented whiskey.” I never considered it to be a personal attack, rather a cultural “type” joke that even the Irish find a chuckle in. I guess some people have less room in their life for tolerance while proclaiming tolerance. I really like this comedian’s take on taking offense: https://youtu.be/ceS_jkKjIgo

Status
Not open for further replies.