Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I've been drinking a lot of fancy Scotch lately. Tonight I poured a glass of Jack Daniel's on the rocks.
Refreshing, simple, pleasurable.
Nice to visit the old stand-by now and again.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
So apparently I'm a nic wimp and an alcohol wimp! I love the smell of Jack, but just can't drink any alcohol on the rocks. Not sure why, but it's just too overpowering for me. As I've said before, I'm an embarrassment to Scots everywhere!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Tslex:
I've always preferred Jack Daniel's Green label to the Black. Same great taste with a tad less heat.
Fnord

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
It isn't one of, if not the biggest whiskey in the world for no reason! I too appreciate single malts and nicer bourbons, but you can never go wrong with some jack on the rocks.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Agreed. I am also a fan of the Tennessee Honey. I like it chilled right out of a shot glass. No chaser because it tastes so good. Never tried the green label as fnord suggests. I'll have to do that.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Not my thing, I find Tennessees to be a tad too sweet, but I do understand the sentiment- I can definitely appreciate the tasty simplicity a good bourbon after a string of Irish or Scotch whisky.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Jack ain't bad at all. Drank a pint on Saturday night (a tad much but it was one of those nights.) with a bottle of iced tea, it was a decent mixture.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I don't want to sound snobby but I love good bourbon and to me, jack just make it. Turpentine.
Makers mark, Blantons, smooth ambler
These are bourbons
No offense to anyone

Jul 12, 2011
Bookers for me, around the 130-proof mark. I gotta be careful

lighting up the pipe with this stuff, but it does go with my handle

TheSmokinDragon...maybe a little fire with that smoke :)

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Jack and Dr Pepper is a newly found passion.
This has been my drink of choice for many years. I think it goes better with Dr. Pepper then with Coke. They compliment each other very well.
As for drinking it straight goes, I for a half gallon of Gentleman Jack with the glass etched saying "Happy First Father's Day" last year from my new born son (and wife). Since then, I much prefer the Gentleman Jack of the regular Jack. Much smoother, a fuller flavor.
Jack is to sweet for my taste.
Yes. The Tennessee style bourbon is a much sweeter bourbon. I can't really stand Jim Beam unless it is mixed. But, that is just my palette.
Lots of comments on here about Ezra Books. I need to get a bottle and see for myself. I found a nice line of cheap tasty Scotchs and have been buying them instead of the Bourbons.
I am a huge Whiskey buff. I have about 15 different whiskey's and have many more on the list. Mostly Bourbons and Canadian Whiskeys, but a couple of Scotchs as well. I guess I have WAD as well. lol. I recently had a surgery that has caused me to give up all carbonated drinks permanently. So now since I can't drink beer, I am really about to dive in to the Whiskey world with even more vigor. I am also a big Rum fan and recently a gin fan. Wow after typing all this I feel like a wino. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.