Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I have just received Condor for the first time. I haven't smoked any, but it smells amazing!!
This important alert has been brought to you by the people of Nate. We know you have a choice when choosing which alerts you read and we thank you for choosing Nate.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I have a problem with the labels on that tobacco. Is it a fragment of a sentence? "Smoking kills what?" The reader is left wondering. Smoking kills your appetite? Smoking kills the mood? Or possibly, "kills" is a noun. Perhaps some European name for something one smokes. In that case, how does on smoke a "kill?" In either event, the label is not helpful to me at all.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I really hope you don't enjoy it at all. In fact, I hope you hate them and that way I can take all five off your hands.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Smoking kills?!?! Did you guys know this?!?! This is.... this is.... well... this is very dissapointing news!! why'd nobody tell me, you hateful bastards!

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
Totally normal for EU/English tobacco products. Quite surprised you guys across the pond like our Floral Lakeland scents, I assumed you were weened onto more traditional aromatics like cherry and vanilla etc.
Even our snuff has shitty warning labels, but less offensive with stuff like 'this product is highly addictive' but rather less than cigarettes packs with pictures of tumorous throats and dead people on morgue slabs.. (they actually do this on some Condor packs I have had too)
I personally reckon the warning should polute the back of the tin, and leave the front alone for collecting purposes. Or have a normal tin but with the 'dis gone kill' bullshit as a removable sticker.
Still, I'd rather have those warning labels than something as rediculous as that deeming act thing you guys now have..

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Even our snuff has shitty warning labels, but less offensive with stuff like 'this product is highly addictive' but rather less than cigarettes packs with pictures of tumorous throats and dead people on morgue slabs.. (they actually do this on some Condor packs I have had too)

Yeah, that is ridiculous that they put those pictures on the pouches. I have some Condor Long Cut and Revor Plug with some nasty ass Faces of Death type photos. Pisses me off but will never keep me from smoking the good stuff. I wouldn't mind if they put those pictures on lesser tobaccos like, Molto Dolce. (kidding people, kidding).

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
That's fucking grim lol! The worst is the moustachio man with a melon sized lumpy cancer growing under his chin to his collar bones..
Kind of annoying to be treated like a child when it's an adult product. What's funnier is in big supermarkets all tobacco products have to stored behind a load of steel shutters to block it from view and a paper list of available products is on a stand. If you want to see a product you need to ask for it in particular!
Supposedly to stop kids from getting watery mouths when looking at crappy boxes of fags and stuff. Not a terrible thing though as instead of me squinting like a mole to see what they have I can just grab the menu and not hold up the queue.
I've not seen anything but worded warning labels on tins of baccy though, just packs and pouches.

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015

Todays otc blend has a nice picture of rotten tar filled lungs. Kind of irrelevant as clearly cig' smoker lungs..

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Here in Mexico they put pictures of dead rats and deformed babies on tobacco products.
I had no idea rats and babies were smoking this stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.