PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I knew it was sometime around now that I joined the forums. I've reached the mythical Preferred status much discussed around here. It's been a hell of a ride from my first pipe, a Brigham 2 Dot (good choice for a first pipe) and my first baccy, Borkum Riff (one outta 2 ain't bad).
I've learned how to pack (sort of), I've learned what I like in tobacco (sort of), I've learned to like latakia (sort of).
What I've liked most of all in the first year is the journey and meeting many fine folks on this fine forum, even a few in person. So thanks for all the advice given and for putting up with my many dumb questions. Here's to many more years on these forums and to meeting more of you in person.
I celebrated by picking up this Lorenzetti bent billiard, it wasn't the Peterson Green Spigot I had hoped for, but these Lorenzetti pipes are great smokers for the money.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
You're preferred in my books my friend!

Congrats and here's to looking forward to a lot more bowls of good tobacco.
Shutterbug

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Congrats, and a question. What are the criteria for being designated a "preferred" member? Coal smoke is Preferred with 1400 posts, but Petes03 has over 3000 posts and is a senior member. As a lowly Senior member with fewer than 400 posts, I wonder what it takes to rise up the hierarchy.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
There is a list somewhere Rav, but the basics are 500 posts and over a year on the forums.
Peck, you actually made me spit out my juice when I read your comment.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Thanks NS, I think Lorenzetti pipes are a little under the radar, they are the ones that make Brigham ' s pipes now and the other one I had was just a fantastic smoker.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congrats on your new status! :clap:

You should soon receive your Official PipesMagazine.com Preferred Membership Packet in the mail. What an exciting thing.

You will receive an Official PipesMagazine.com Identification Card, signifying that you are old enough to smoke a pipe. So no more worries about being carded at the local B&M.

9dd0cc78-ecb4-438b-a28b-7cf51a75b56a_zps1f0ac7cf.jpg

You will also receive An Official PipesMagazine.com Secret Society Decoder Pin so you can send encrypted communications to Peck publicly in the forums; and you'll receive periodic secret messages via email from Kevin and the PM.com staff. (Which, I hear, are mostly advertising and promotional spam.)

Decoderring.jpg

You will also receive your very own Official PipesMagazine.com License Plate Bracket, free! (Mainly because they aren't selling very well.)

Plate.jpg

Next, in your Official PipesMagazine.com Preferred Membership Packet you will find an Official PipesMagazine.com Twin Tobacco Canister Set -- which, despite appearances, they tell me, does not reflect management's opinion of various tobacco types.

Cannisters.jpg

And for those times when you will be traveling, here's your very own Official PipesMagazine.com 5-Chambered Tobacco Pouch. It's great for providing variety when you're out and about; it's waterproof; and when your done with it you can blow it up and play with it, stretch it over your head to imitate a chicken, or go into business giving prostate exams.

Latexglove.jpg

Now, as a Preferred Member, you'll be able to proudly sport an Official PipesMagazine.com Propeller Beanie to let everyone know at a glance that you're a man of intelligence, wisdom, and impeccable taste. It is also a part of the customary attire, de riguer, at all pipe shows in North America.

Propellerbeanie-1.jpg

And for those occasions when you travel Down Under, the 2013 edition of the Official PipesMagazine.com Preferred Membership Packet now includes your very own Official PipesMagazine.com Upside-Down Bianchino Pipe -- so you'll look like you know what you're doin' whenever you travel.

bianchinopipes.jpg

'Hope you enjoy all the goodies comin' your way; and don't forget to decode the Official PipesMagazine.com Secret Society Decoder Pin Messages to learn about all the good deals in store for the new year.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Brian - it's good to have you as one of the elite members (secret handshake instructions should be on their way). Ceremonies begin promptly at midnight...
95%2Beyes%2Bwide%2Bshut.jpg

:laughat:

Cortez.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Preferred -- take it where you can get it, and congratulations! Keep on postin'.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your upgraded status. It is too bad that we do not receive those items that Cortez displays. Perhaps he sells them to another forum.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The shipping of those membership packets is handled by the PipesMagazine order fulfillment staff.

Rumor has it that, by and large, they are moonlighting employees of P&C.com. Go figure. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.