PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
I love tobaccos that smell like composting earth and decomposing matter.
Margate to me has a very musty scent like rotting tree, and wet earth rich with hummus.
Gaslight smells like old fruit left out in the sun, barnyard, and ashy pasture (borders on cowpie).
If you can think of a unique and stinky, earthy tobacco please list it. I am interested in adding to my list.
It can contain Latakia or not, but please no aros.
Thanks

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
ashdigger,
Thanks, I will be adding it to the stinky list.
To complete the experience I should pick up a bottle of Laphroaig cask strength; None better.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Pease Odyssey, its been a long time so my memory could be off. It definitely pairs with the laphroaig though, nothing wrong with that memory.
Isaac

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Margate to me has a very musty scent like rotting tree, and wet earth rich with hummus.
Good to know. I love Margate, but have hitherto just dried it down before smoking. (Last two bags came in at over 90% RH!) I have three compost piles by the barn, so I can get that smell anytime, but the Margate aroma might be a touch classier! :)

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
mortonbriar,
Yep, smoke begets smoke.
The perfect unholy trinity for me is a bowl of Margate, a skullsplitter poured in a glass, and a Laphroaig neat.
Taking your time with these three, and you may wallow in bliss. Enjoy too quickly and feel the Hammer of Thor.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
C&D Bayou Morning has a very pungent perique smell. I dislike the smell, but the smoke is top notch.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Semois in the bag smells just like the underside of a just-turned-over damp hay bale. In other words, amazing.

Dec 28, 2015
I have to agree on Penzance likecitvaxlotvbut dont smoke it often because you literally can't wash the smell off and my wife doesn't tolerate it very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.