Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
mepipw-1.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
That's the really great thing about smoking a pipe. So much variety in personalities and people. Part of the elan (at least for me anyway) is the pipe smoking culture. The beard is all a part of it. Smoke a pipe, grow a beard. Or a hairy hand, whichever your preference. lol Personally, now that you've shown me that hand Peck, I know it's gonna give me creepy nightmares for at least a month.
But it is also great to actually put a friendly face to the people on the site. MSO, you're being way to hard on yourself. I've seen a few pictures you've posted with the pipe you won and you are almost as handsome as I am! HA HA!
Really though, the beards shown above have motivated me to attempt to once again grow my scraggly scruff. Maybe come December I will be brave enough to post THAT picture.

reverendthom

Lurker
Jul 25, 2015
Ha perfect thread! I just bought my first pipe last week on a trip to Ireland. My wife and I quickly agreed that my beard needs to make a return if I'm to be a pipe smoker. So here it is on day 2 :)
20150725_112253.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've grown a beard at least once a year for the last 20 or so. Have some photos in a bit, but it comes in very white now, and my GF prefers the "younger me"...
Enjoy! Cool thing about beard growing is you don't have to do anything- it just happens! Although I like trimming the cheek bones and neck for neatness. That might make the lady happier.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
MSO,

I apologize if I offended you. I was trying to poke fun at myself.
All I did was open my mouth and insert both my feet. Something I seem to be good at more and more these days.

Kindly

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
Hemmingway?
Several years ago, walking through a Key West neighborhood, a group of pizanoes sitting on a porch drinking beer, about three sheets to the wind, kept shouting "Papa" at me. I took it as a compliment.
I've been compared to much uglier people.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@peck

Just remember the one rule; "shake your pipe more than twice, and you're playing with it." The hair should clear up after that. :rofl:

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Fishfly,
Soon you will be able to travel freely to Cuba and they will think you have returned.
"The Old Man and the Sea"
PS: Wintering over in Cuba would be much nicer than in Iowa!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
shikano, I'm not offended at all. I wore a moustache in the Navy, because it wasn't entirely approved by "management," but still was regulation at the time. But I DID look rather morose. I wore one later for several years, and when I shaved it off, it took my late wife some weeks to notice! She was great -- just how couples are, often. But I'm just musing, not grumpy at all.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Some great looking beards guys. Mine is too thin on my cheeks so I just sport a goatee as seen in my avatar. :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The earlier post was meant to be amusing, but most didn't see it due to poor photo management on my part. Here's another go:
readyforatv-ride-450x600.jpg

It was next to the actual photo I'll post later.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
This is me with my Viking Classic - beard's a little longer right now, as I'm slightly overdue for a trim. Used to be entirely red, but it's going white on me. I've had one since 1994, though I've shaved it into a Van Dyke a couple of times for cosplay, and had to remove it entirely one summer when I was doing demolition work in the garage and needed to wear a respirator (just in case - mold, water damage that could have been sewer-related, drywall dust). My 13-year-old niece recently saw some wedding photos of ours (her mom was my wife's Maid of Honor), and didn't recognize me clean-shaven.
0B904D05-B036-43C4-9B80-3D89AC36CE89-1032-00000150E194C2E1_zps622441c1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.