PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I recently purchased what has quickly become my favorite pipe, an Il Duca squat bulldog. For my sense of aesthetics, it's near perfection. I'd LOVE to have another, the same Morta pipe, in the same color, but in a larger size, around a group 6. I bought this one as an estate and I've not seen another like it for sale, new or estate, nor have I ever seen any of his Mortas in that size. So on a whim, I went to the official website and sent Max an email. A more friendly, professional, and gracious pipe carver I can't imagine. Thanks to the miracle that is google translate, I was able to correspond in Italian. He said he'd be more than happy to make the pipe. It's not a "normal" commission though. He'll make the pipe and send it with the next batch he ships to smokingpipes along with a note telling them to contact me to arrange purchase.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Sweet Nate, just goes to prove you miss all the shots you don't take, I love my il Duca pipes as well, cheers.

banjo

May 31, 2012
Totally friggin' awesome!
Nice pipe,

Max & the morta is always good,

he does it up right.
Gonna hafta get myself one of his pipes someday.
Congrats

& jolly smoggo!

:puffy:

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Impeccable pipes. My stubby billiard is definitely a favorite. I like the lines on that dawg.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
He asked for specifics on the size I wanted. I sent him this photo of his pipe next to a large Davidoff. The proportions are perfect, I just want the same pipe, but BIGGER :) I've never seen a squat Bulldog, much less a Morta, in this size. Can't wait to see what he does!

His last email....

"Dear Nate
I believe that to have good proportions

It will be long 5 inch and chamber diameter 22 millimeter
It will be good for you?
Best

Max"

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Today I heard back and he's made three for me to chose from! And so some lucky pipe smokers will be able to buy one as well. Love these pipes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.