PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I actually had held off pulling the trigger on the Hilson+8 tin superdeal until today. So when I went in to do that, I decided to meander through the estate section of P&C.
I found this pipe. I know it isn't what many of you like, but I LOVE the Cavelier. This is the closest one I've seen to my Dunhill. I had to have it.
il-ceppo.jpg

il-ceppo2b.jpg

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I have a number of Il Ceppos but nothing this... fashionable. It is apparent how you clean the stem, but how do you clean the bowl???

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
If it's like the Dunny, the bowl separates at the joint. The whole thing is modular. Bottom plug comes off, stem comes out and bowl detaches.
Super easy to clean and sort of fun for an old Army guy used to having to disassemble his weapon for cleaning. lol

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I really like that, it's pocket pipe to the max, as you said it breaks down so you can disassemble it and pocket it w/o worrying about something snapping, enjoy it in good health sir.

banjo

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It is listed at 1.6 oz. That is a bit heavy, but with that stem it should hang fine if I'm sitting down and relaxing.
Handmade Italian pipe for under $100 on a website (versus trying to snag off ebay guessing the quality of pics) in a shape that I like = win!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unique to say the least. This pipe almost demands an audience. You need a pipe show or pipe club to do it justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.