PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
One Sunday morning twenty years ago. I was smoking the dog was asleep on my foot and my wife called. Me from upstairs and asked what was burning

I realized it was the sofa. A coal fell. Between the cushions! Many shirts and sweat pant have signiture holes. Such is life. Shel

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I have some pants with a few holes in the crotch area... driving with the windows down is a poor choice without a windscreen

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I've put a few holes in shirts. Wool sounds like a mighty good idea - it's cold out here, and that'd help.
Nomex... hahaha! Check your military surplus stores, the Navy issues nomex clothing, I think. Us old Army boys just catch on fire and keep going I guess. Or superman into a swamp.
A thick wool sweater though, hmmm... Any good brands I should scope out? That carry tall sizing? My freakishly long torso pretty much requires that.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Also put a good hole in the crotch of some work pants once. Scariest thing I think I have ever done, melting synthetic stuff in an area I actually was concerned about...

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
A thick wool sweater though, hmmm... Any good brands I should scope out?

My go to is Dale of Norway but I haven't ever seen them in long sizing. Wool should feel luxurious and not itchy if it's quality and processed correctly. Don't let the store clerks see you but if you take a water bottle shopping get like a square inch of the sweater damp and smell it. If it smells like a sheep then they didn't remove enough lanolin, if on the other hand it feels dry or like damaged hair, they removed too much. A good wool sweater isn't cheap but will last your lifetime and feel/look good doing it. For work wool, I'm a Filson man. I too made note of blueeyesogre's suggestion because wool is self extinguishing and hard to catch in the first place. My main winter coat is a wool Filson but last night I picked up a lightweight pure wool jacket from them for these milder temps.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I've yet to put a hole in any of my clothing (knock on wood). I'm just hoping I'm not wearing either of my under armorur shirts as they catch fire more easily.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
One beautiful day back in my youth, I drive home smoking with the windows down. 113 miles later I safely arrived at my parents home.

Exiting the old Fury III, I was appalled to see the condition of 4 shirts and slacks of polyester fiber, that had hung behind me in the back seat. Swiss Cheese :oops:
Today, I believe I have burned any photos of me in that clothing :D

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
A thick wool sweater though, hmmm... Any good brands I should scope out? That carry tall sizing? My freakishly long torso pretty much requires that.
Check out swanndri. They have some great wool stuff and ship worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.