PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
How much difference between the Plum Pudding and Special Reserve?
As yet I don't know. I just got a few tins of the special reserve and I am yet to open one.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Maybe FMC but if we throw the lack of Syrian latakia in the mix then definitely Yenidje Highlander.
Also SPC Mississippi river is probably the next on my list. I found plum pudding ok but for some reason that Mississippi river for me has much more of that sweet/sour oriental flavor.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
How much difference between the Plum Pudding and Special Reserve?

I love the special reserve blend, but have yet to try the standard blend. I have read a few reviews saying it's exactly the same. I would like to know as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since I like many different tobaccos, I'd try to discover some consensus and nominate the winner. If it were just a personal wish, it would be something unlikely, introduced since 2007, since supposedly older blends and single leaf won't be affected. I'd like to see PC's Log Cabin stick around, and any CD burley blends that are younger than 2007. The joy is in the variety and innovation, and that's what is getting hit. Then when people get unhappy about it, docs will try to prescribe anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs. Anyone ever heard the old straw, leave well enough alone? Puff-puff, here's smoke in their eye.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
I'm well stocked on Bengal Slices so I am going to have to say Exotic Orange.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Agree with Davet 3P will sorely be missed but I'm stocking up as much as I can.
The only other one that I can think of at the moment is, Samuel Gawith Cabbies Mixture Hot damn! I love that stuff!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Again, just personally, I'd want to see Tabac-Manil Semois thick and medium cut remain available to U.S. pipe smokers. Since it is grown and packaged in Belgium, and I believe it predates 2007, maybe it will stay on sale for the foreseeable. Who knows. Once the imports start getting jimmied, anything can happen. In this world of opiate overdose deaths and North Korean ballistic missiles, this pipe tobacco crack-down is a most dismal misdirection of energy. This is the grandpaw shakedown.

Status
Not open for further replies.