If you could only smoke one blend, what would it be?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
At this point in time, if I could only smoke 1 blend it would have to be Peterson's University Flake. Nothing else I've tried so far comes close for me. I can't get enough of it.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have smoked several different blends when I needed a change from 1Q.

I have always come back to 1Q.

So I have to go that route.

There are lot of blends that are more exciting.

But none have had the longevity or constancy of 1Q.

My second choice would have to be Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd, maybe.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
There have been 2 previous threads like this one (before you joined us), but anyway you should be glad to have a favorite blend that is in great supply....unlike Penzance which is my favorite and is only available on Ebay at rather astronomical prices. It's the old supply and demand, lets raise the prices and get all the blood we can get syndrome. :(

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
The best review of 1Q I've seen said something like: As unremarkable as 1Q is purported to be - I find myself wishing I were smoking it when I was smoking something else. Or something like that... (typed while puffing on some 1Q, incidentally)

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
STOP IT!! What a stress inducing question.....why put so much pressure on one's self. We discuss tobaccoo; not pink floyd albums.
Re the oriental supreme uncle arthur: is that comperable to mcclellands "yenidji supreme" ?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
tanless1: lol, yes, point taken. I thought it might be a good way to create a list of exceptional blends...but, I'm new, what do I know.
I wouldn't want to have to pick one Pink Floyd album either. : )

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
While not anything like 'extraordinary' and if I had to chose just one blend, I'd revert to Carter Hall.

sjolie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2011
Right now...probably 1Q with GLP Maltese Falcon as a close second.
Keep in mind I'm only up to having tried 5 blends at this point (1Q, Maltese Falcon, Dunhill Royal Yacht, Mac Baren 7 Seas Gold and some unnamed vanilla blend)
I love these "pick one..." threads as it helps build the list of what goes next on my list to try.
Sean

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
:laughat: :crying: :| I can't decide. I hope I never have to decide. Well, maybe I'll jump on board the 1Q express, but I'm leaving my options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.