If you could only smoke one blend, what would it be?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2011
If I were taken into a warehouse where a thousand different blends were displayed and I had to select one -- and only one -- to smoke for the next year I would choose 1Q or maybe Captain Black Royal. Next week I may or may not offer the same answer.

Then within minutes of making my selection I would spot at least 10 or 20 different blends I would desperately want to try.

And right now I'm smoking Lane's burley light.

It seems that I like a change of pace. Perhaps that's how I get maximum enjoyment from my daily favorites.

I don't if that's typical or not.

I don't even know if there is a "typical" pipe smoker.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I changed my mind.
(As much as I love Froggy on the Pond,.....it might get old after a while.)
Therefore; 1-Q for a number of reasons;
1. Of all the jars I pick up while deciding what to smoke....1-Q is the jar I never put down and say; "Mehh, on second thought.."
2. I've yet to see a single person turn up their nose at the room note.

And for the biggest reason;
3. As the best selling blend in the world; I think it'll be around for a while.

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Haven't been smoking long enough to feel i can make an educated choice on this but i picked up some 1Q and 7 seas gold following recommendations from this site and gotta say i like 1Q more.
Having said that the gf likes the aroma of Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honeydew, so for an easy life it would be that and the 1Q when she's out :lol:
But the thought of having missed all the other tobacco's out there just doesn't bear thinking about really!

connolse

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
Given my fickle taste, this could be a self-defeating question, but I imagine part of the exercise is determining precisely what type of weed can stand being smoked for the long haul without boredom or frustration? In other words, a solid, reliable all-day blend?
I would normally say Squadron Leader, solid and consistenly pleasing. But this would only be possible in an alternate bizarro world where Sam Gawith is, you know, actually SOLD somewhere.
My Mixture 965 comes to mind as well, never dull and always has depth for me.
On the drugstore baccy side of things, I'd say Walnut.
If I had to choose only one Virginia-based blend, I would go with HH Mature Virginia as being most adaptable and pleasant over time.
Well, that was four, but it will do for now. . .

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Gotta go with Tudor Castle from Mcclelland.

Rich but sweet. Can rub it out or fold and stuff.

De-lish!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I changed my mind.
(As much as I love Froggy on the Pond,.....it might get old after a while.)
Therefore; 1-Q for a number of reasons;
1. Of all the jars I pick up while deciding what to smoke....1-Q is the jar I never put down and say; "Mehh, on second thought.."
2. I've yet to see a single person turn up their nose at the room note.
And for the biggest reason;
3. As the best selling blend in the world; I think it'll be around for a while.
I've thought about this since Tommy posted it up, and I have to say that the above reasons are very difficult to dispute. I second his opinion. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.