PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
A small smooth Dublin slight bend with plateau top. Runner up would be a small lovat with saddle bit.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
My favorite shape (and subsequent pick) is the bulldog. Rusticated, smooth, blasted... it doesn't matter. :puffpipe:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Classic group 4 Dunhill Shell billiard. From any era.
DunhillShell41122007b.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Billiard, bulldog, Dublin, author. But to me, variety is part of the kick. Zulu, Canadian, pot, freehand.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Tough choice but it would be the Davorin-Altinook collaboration on this Calabash with Morta body and Meerscaum bowl

banjo
15515c435ced29d69e7803757e594bd6118ec78.jpg

7b1357c942c25d80e81e2801dfb941e5c35aae5.jpg

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
100% Hardcore on the Zulu. A notorious member here, we will call him "Mr. Big," mentioned that Zulus did not smoke well for him and that he dumped all but one. I get that, use/smoke what you like. He knows far more than I do, owns expotentionally more stuff/pipes/tobacco than I do. In fact, he makes me feel inadequate/inferior/insignificant. So I thought about why I had a diametric experience with the Zulu. Aside from the cool canted look, the pipe has to earn its keep. So for me, I like the feel in my hand. I smoke "cool" so the pipe never gets hot. I like the smaller/thinner size/bowl, and the light weight. Also, I find that having the business end of the pipe slightly angled away from my face is better for me, both in the lighting and in the smoking. I have around 8 different pipe shapes in the collection, and always seem to settle on a Zulu when deciding which direction to go. Waiting for my top of the line Northern Briars smooth Zulu "commission," which is in current creation, just like I want it. Life is good.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Wow... This post was brought back from the dead, but its funny to see what I wrote two years ago and what I would prefer now. You'd think they'd be the same, but I surprised myself. I still like my nose warmers, but I'm leaning towards a smaller smooth 1/4 bent acorn. By far my favorite pipe right now. Too bad it needs another day of rest. take care all.

Status
Not open for further replies.