If I’m Lighting Up An Unused Pipe For The First Time...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Damn, I had typed out four paragraphs when I decided that I had better read the OP before just responding to the thread title... and that will teach me to read more carefully. I confused the word “unused” for “unusual.” Now, I’m not sure what to say, except... cherry? Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. puffy

You should have just posted what you originally typed. It probably would have sounded normal to us and no one would have batted an eye.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Like Paladin Black Cherry?
It did taste like my childhood cough medicine.
There's also War Horse that can challenge that.
Tasted awful to me.
War Horse? Bar, Ready Cut or Green?
I just popped a tin of the Ready Cut, which is a blend of Burley, Kentucky, Perique and Virginia and found it quite satisfying.
I’ll probably try the other two eventually, but chose this one first, since I’ve been enjoying the Perique blends.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
IF were in the U.S with a brand new pipe to break in, there are plenty of good mild basic OTC Burleys to choose from
Hi, Paul!
Don’t take this thread too seriously. I don’t know if it’s the same for you but here in the states, Cherry is a synonym for virgin, so if you read the thread title and follow the question through with the first entry, it’s a play on words.
So, whaddya think? Do I need to find a virgin tobacco for my virgin pipe? puffy

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
So, today I popped a cherry tin of War Horse Ready Cut (Burley, Kentucky, Perique & Virginia - no Cherry!) and am enjoying it in one of my hItherto unsmoked Erik Nording freehand pipes .
Hopefully that will assuage the “night terrors” that might have been brought on in some of the veteran smokers that have been following this thread! hahau:eek:nana

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hopefully that will assuage the “night terrors” that might have been brought on in some of the veteran smokers that have been following this thread!
When I posted that Bruce Weaver pic, that was the first time it was smoked. Devil's Holiday for the break in, and that's what it's dedicated to.

So, today I popped a cherry tin of War Horse Ready Cut (Burley, Kentucky, Perique & Virginia - no Cherry!) and am enjoying it in one of my hItherto unsmoked Erik Nording freehand pipes .
Hopefully that will assuage the “night terrors” that might have been brought on in some of the veteran smokers that have been following this thread! hahau:eek:nana

Ah, I see what you did there.... :)

Reactions: gatorlope

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ah, well, you'd best take care as how to insert the tobacco into that virgin vessel. I'd suggest watching 15 hours of Youtube videos, and use The Frank Method to bust that cherry.

Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.