If I’m Lighting Up An Unused Pipe For The First Time...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
It's a large world. There are worse things to put inside a pipe.

Or, so I've been told.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Yes. Cherry has natural oils that cure the unused pipe. The trick is to smoke the goopiest cherry tobacco you can find and to smoke an entire tin. This will allow the oils to work. Afterward you will be able to enjoy Virginia's without the briar taste interfering with the smoke.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Yes. Cherry has natural oils that cure the unused pipe. The trick is to smoke the goopiest cherry tobacco you can find and to smoke an entire tin. This will allow the oils to work. Afterward you will be able to enjoy Virginia's without the briar taste interfering with the smoke.
I jest! New pipe smokers please disregard!!

Reactions: upnorth1

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I've smoked many strange things before, but NEVER have I ruined a good pipe with cherry flavored anything!

I just don't like cherry flavor.

?

• Haha
Reactions: saintpeter

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I've actually enjoyed HU Jerry Saronno! I just wouldn't break in a new pipe with it unless it was I a pipe I expected to smoke aromatics in. Having typed that, there are those who prefer a ghosted pipe. No skin off my back.

P

pipebuddy

It's a large world. There are worse things to put inside a pipe.

Or, so I've been told.

Like Paladin Black Cherry?
It did taste like my childhood cough medicine.
There's also War Horse that can challenge that.
Tasted awful to me.

Reactions: Patrick_Green

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA

Captain Black Grape... the Grape oils season the bowl and...

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I do have some “Bootlegger” tobacco and they have since changed the name to “Drunken Cherry”, which might be of some help when accosting a virgin pipe... hahau:eek::LOL::oops::ROFLMAO:rotf

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I've actually enjoyed HU Jerry Saronno! I just wouldn't break in a new pipe with it unless it was I a pipe I expected to smoke aromatics in. Having typed that, there are those who prefer a ghosted pipe. No skin off my back.
I do have an American Indian pipe made of antler that has a heavy cake and a very mellowing effect when I smoke tobacco in it, so I would call that a friendly ghost! I just can’t say what the former owners might have smoked in it or if it was even tobacco!puffy?

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Damn, I had typed out four paragraphs when I decided that I had better read the OP before just responding to the thread title... and that will teach me to read more carefully. I confused the word “unused” for “unusual.” Now, I’m not sure what to say, except... cherry? Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. puffy
Yeah, unused, definitely! Cherry tobacco for a virgin pipe!
It just seemed appropriate! ?

• Haha
Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Status
Not open for further replies.