If Harris Is Dead, I Call Dibs On His Trevor Talbert Goblin.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Glad to hear you are OK! Man, after all the falls my father-in-law has had over the past year, I'm now completely programmed to associate "fall" with "Another trip to hospital to find out how many bones the 90yo fellow has broken this time." Try and get the docs to replace all broken bones with steel beams so you can punch through cars.
Re: the pipe. We have a very specific design theme for our Goblins, which I'll be happy to explain if anybody is curious and wants to PM me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys.
You know now that I think of it, I do believe it looks like the pod from Aliens. As good as it looks it smokes even better, sucker never gets hot even when I smoke like a fiend and don't pay attention.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good to hear you, harris. i guess it's one-handed hunt and peck, a chance to hone your succinct style.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hola, foggy!
How's the convertible treating you?
Maybe swing by and take Harris for a ride to cheer him up?
jay-roger.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Bradley, too funny.
Hey foggy, still kicking I see.
My fall also bruised the shit out of my tailbone so no car rides for a while. Even my favorite Lazy Boy makes it hurt.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Harris all kidding aside I know how it feels, been dragging my right leg , numb, found out with MRI it's a bulgeing disc, Back Dr in June will look at it. Hard to sleep at night with shooting pains, Dr wants to give me drugs, f~#k that shit, I light up in pipe room instead. So I want you to know I'm not making fun of you, glad you're slowly recovering.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Bradley, your back can be fixed very easily. I have had 3 operations and a bulging disc is no biggie. If they ever want to do a spinal fusion with metal put in you, run like hell.
Sorry to hear you are in pain, I know too well what you are going through. I would take the drugs as I love opiates. They go great with a pipe. :crazy:

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Get well, Harris and Bradley.
Been there with the herniated disk, no fun. I was taking six double strength Percocets for a good year and a half as they did not fix everything when they were digging around in by lower back. Initially, the Percs were wonderful, but after months and months, it became annoying, but I could not walk without them. Afterwards, there was the weaning off period but once it was done I was glad to be rid of the drugs.
So, just take things slow and no sudden movements.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Bradley,
I don't have a disk in L4-5. I will never feel my left foot again. But I can walk after 6 months of rehab and a back surgery. If you have numbness in your leg then it's TIME for surgery. Godspeed on your recovery.
And Harris (since this post is literally about you). Godspeed on your recovery as well. Healing is a bitch as we get older.
At least I don't have to use the damn cane anymore. I still fall once in a while if my balance is off. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.