If God (or ... your wife, or etc) would destine you to have ONLY ONE tobacco.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I just read an earlier post that an older forum member (who posted just once) quit pipe and smoking and then sold all his pipe collections altogether once a tobacco (Edgeworth Sliced) was no longer available.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/sliced-edgeworth#post-463715

I know there are a lot of Burley lovers here, as well as VA or VA/Per, and English / Balkan.

I wonder, if God (or ... your wife, or etc) would destine you to have a single one tobacco only, for the rest of your life. Then what would that be? And why?
That forum member had a bit of an extreme case, and though I had a few times of blissful moment for 2-3 blends that I tried, I'm still on my way to find such a tobacco. :puffy:

But if such a case happens, which one you will be willing to marry for a lifetime? (I assume a currently available tobacco here)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Much of the pleasure is the variety, and my answer would change from year to year, but right

now, if I was going to be stuck some place for a long time with one tobacco, I'd probably opt

for Tabac Manil Semois and the Ferndown bent billiard that arrived with it.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
i have way too many "usual suspects" to ever be that good at onesies.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Depends on the day, but if I was told I could only smoke one of Full Virginia Flake, Union Square, Red Flake, Virginia No 24, or Chelsea Morning from here on out, I could make do. It'd probably be better if someone else made that call, so I wouldn't blame myself if I got sick of it.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I'm slowly coming to the conclusion I'm a VaPer blend type of guy and with Dunhill deluxe navy rolls being my favourite VaPer I suppose I better say Dunhill deluxe navy rolls.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
What sort of angry hellish God would do such a thing?!? I mean I get killing your first born... But limiting us to one tobacco?! What kind of unholy God are you talking about?!? I'm gonna have to go with Escudo as well... Then I'd make a deal with the devil.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Oh crap... this subject again!
OK, I'll give in. It would most definitely be Soylent Green in a hookah with Mixture No. 79.

Of course that might very well change within the next week so I'll more likely than not have another favorite when this subject comes up again for the hundredth time. I'm patiently waiting for another: 'If you were stranded on an island with only one tobacco'.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All that being said, many of our pipe smoking forbears happily selected one tobacco they liked and

smoked it forever, as their own independent choice. That worked out fine. I only saw my father

smoke another pipe tobacco once at the hospitality of my uncle, also a pipe smoker, but Dad looked

none too happy about it, only as happy as tact required. He already had his tobacco. Granger.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
If god wanted me to smoke only one tobacco, I would have to hope the guy who invented air conditioning went to hell.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
This is a hard one! It's a toss up between Dunhill Navy Rolls and Germain Brown Flake. Both are great anytime smokes to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.