I Was Weak, I Had to Have One Of Fishbanjo's Pipes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I do miss his posts here. At first they drove me a bit nuts but over time I got to appreciate his threads and signature.

I might have been in for one of the less pricey ones. However, Ebay has manged to block all of their content from reaching internet users in India (my current country of employment). I've tried VPNs and more but no luck. I'm happy some of us have picked up some of his vast collection. It still stinks that some of us who live in countries like India can't even have a chance to own, or even view, a piece of that legacy.

Cue the people telling me "first world problems".

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
I do miss his posts here. At first they drove me a bit nuts but over time I got to appreciate his threads and signature.

I might have been in for one of the less pricey ones. However, Ebay has manged to block all of their content from reaching internet users in India (my current country of employment). I've tried VPNs and more but no luck. I'm happy some of us have picked up some of his vast collection. It still stinks that some of us who live in countries like India can't even have a chance to own, or even view, a piece of that legacy.

Cue the people telling me "first world problems".
They seem to be blocked from Canada as well :( it’s too bad

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
They seem to be blocked from Canada as well :( it’s too bad

Here is a „trick“ how to solve this problem:

1. Go to the eBay.com site
  2. Find the desired pipe on the eBay.com site and click on it.
  3. Change the „.com“ with „.ca“ in the url line.
  4. Then you can bid on the article from your Canadian account.

Of course you have to ask the vendor for shipping to Canada, first. But I think he is willing to ship internationally.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019

Of course you have to ask the vendor for shipping to Canada, first. But I think he is willing to ship internationally.
This worked, thank you sir. Not to fight off the PAD

Aug 1, 2012

That actually seems to work for me as well. Is it just me or is there only one other item up by the seller at the moment? If this is the case, I'll keep an eye on the profile.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I get 7 results for items sold by this vendor on the „.com“ site. Due to his shipping options it can occur, that your local eBay site shows less results. But you can bid on all of them with the method I described above. The pipe, that I won did also not show on my local eBay and it is now on it‘s way to Germany for EUR 24 of shipping costs.

That actually seems to work for me as well. Is it just me or is there only one other item up by the seller at the moment? If this is the case, I'll keep an eye on the profile.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I don't blame you. fish' was/is one of the patron saints of Forums members. He sent me an estate Meerschaum, my first Meerschaum, and I value it all the more for his having sent it.

Long before I signed up to this forum, I regularly read his posts and admired his pipes and the unique style of his photos. I had never even thought of the possibility of owning one of his pipes. The fact that I am about to have one of them is in several ways very special to me and I have strong emotions concerning this pipe, though I haven’t ever had any personal contact with Fishnbanjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.