I Was Weak, I Had to Have One Of Fishbanjo's Pipes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Sante had an amazing pipe collection, and sadly he passed away a few weeks ago. When his pipes started to show up on ebay, I figured I'd like to see if I could get one. I knew it wasn't going to be one of the many, many high end artisan pipes he had. I Got lucky I guess, one of the first pipes to catch my eye was a factory pipe he had that is seldom seen. Starting bid was $50 so I mulled it over for a while and finally decided to bid what I thought I could afford. No else bid on it! I don't know whether to be pleased or worried that no one felt it was worth that much. Whatever, I like the pipe because it's so different, and from what I've read it is a well made pipe that he said smoked great.

Hope to see some other members here find a good home for some of banjo's pipes too. He was a pretty great guy, that made interesting posts and I'll miss seeing him "keeping it smokey!"

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was weak too.... And a bit blown away that I actually won the auction on this one of fishbanjo's pipes:
View attachment 10202

Rest in peace fishbanjo..

I wish there was a way to find out some history on his pipes. I'll bet there's some stories and I would love to know them.
I almost bid on that one! Thankfully my wife reminded me about her castration tax on new pipes.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I once read a post on a watch collector‘s forum, that I‘ll never forget. Someone wrote, his only fear is, that his widdow would sell the watches for the price he told her, they had cost him. I think the same would apply to pipes. So, not telling the wife is not the best option either.

Status
Not open for further replies.