I Told Myself No More Buying Pipes....But Then...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I wasn't going to get anymore pipes as I have a good amount of pipes already in rotation and I had 3 pipes that I was targetting as my next pipe purchases. But then somebody put this Radice Rind up for sale for a good price the day after I told myself no more buying pipes. To comfort myself, a Radice was one of the 3 pipes I was waiting to buy.....I just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. OH WELL :puffy: Real happy he included some Boswell's Piper's Pleasure, too!
eT7762d.jpg

2bgpxgD.jpg

XOA2kr2.jpg

L1s9eVN.jpg

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Any way you can shrink the pictures?
Yeah sorry about that =
Been working right now to try and fix the sizes, but the internet at work is acting all janky at the moment. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a great looking pipe. Few if any Forums members will find fault with your decision. It is good

to limit your pipe purchases. As you have more pipes, it seems a logical and good impulse to

be more critical and selective in getting another. When you aren't smoking them all, it's time

to cull, I suppose.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@sable and mso - you may remember I publicly took the oath at Christmas, when 'Her Indoors' gifted me my LAST PIPE - a stunning Peterson 1908 Patent bent billiard in which I now smoke only 2013 Christmas Cheer!
Rather than being an 'oath-breaker', crossing my fingers I have tried to sneak around it by hiving off pipes from my collection and buying more estates, but keeping the overall collection at the same number, or less. I also arrange delivery for when she is at work - am I cheating on her?
I recently gave rebornbriar (aka Alan) 9 pipes to tart up and sell for his prostate cancer charity. Currently I am two pipe short of the herd and an eBay fiend!!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Flakey
I just took the oath too, at least until Chicago.
But, I'm bidding on a pipe right now.
Oh well, PAD is a dangerous disorder

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
That's a good looking Rind. I can see why you caved.
This is why I choose not to indulge in blanket statements... I hate the fall from grace.
Flaky, I was wondering how you were doing with your self imposed exile from purchasing new, or new to you, pipes. Let me know when you're ready to starting parting with 100 year old Barlings, I'll happily jump on that grenade for you! :puffy:
But seriously now, I also thin my own herd so I can upgrade it, or even just change it. Over the last year my tastes have changed, and I find myself drawn more and more to two shapes. So I'm selling off pipes that no longer get smoked, or don't fit in with the overall aesthetic.
Congrats to you aquilas on a nice purchase. May it bring you many, many, happy smokes.
-- Pat
EDIT

I just took the oath too, at least until Chicago.
Allan, oh how the mighty have fallen. Don't worry, Peck's getting to Chicago before either of us, all we'll have left are factory pipes once he gets done.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Thanks everyone! Really excited about this pipe. It's really comforting to know that many of us, if not all, have told ourselves something, only to go backwards on it! Ha! Well for now, I must really stay on target and purchase the two other pipes I plan to get. Keyword there is 'plan'. No more unplanned purchases! :rofl:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I think we have all said we will stop buying pipes but then continue to buy. Something always changes a good sale comes along, you see something that you have been looking for a long time and finally found it, you have been saving up and finally reach your goal etc.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I would have caved too, very nice. I have 2 & love them (radices). I don't want anymore but if I saw that I would have bought it also.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
NICE PIPe!!!

Yes Im in the same line. My Cesare Sabbiata is on the way.

And I am going to enjoy that.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@Pat, I'll never be able to part with my 100 year-old Barlings (I have five), unless I can replace them with better. I very much doubt this will ever happen, unless of course Jesse will swap them for a couple of his unsmoked Barlings! It is truly sinful to leave them unsmoked - virgins never to know the joy of physical love!!

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
I have that same pipe Aquilas. It is very nice. I think as long as we are progressing with our collections then we don't need to feel too guilty. If we find that we now have 15 more examples of the same brand than we did last year or only ever buy blond, bent Dublins, then it might just be a habit, rather than a learning experience. But if the Rind will replace a pipe in your daily rotation which you have not been enamoured of lately for some reason, then your purchase serves a purpose.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Hey Aquilas, I feel like I've seen that pipe before. Looks better than it did on video :wink:
Hey, we've all been there. I just got three pipes that I got off smokingpipes.com and bought four pipes that came in a leather case off of Yahoo Auctions Japan and I have an estate pipe coming from Walker Briar Works as well as 2 that I got off ebay :crying:
You're in good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.