PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Well, this last week I've had a bad bout of PAD/TAD. First, it was the Dracula Peterson. Then it was an estate Savinelli Oscar 413KS. Then Pipesandcigars.com got me with the "Buy a Peterson get some tobacco for free" deal. Since I was already buying the McLelland's Christmas 2013, I also had my eye on a Peterson Donegal B10 ... so now I'm going to own one of those.
The Dracula has came. The Sav is on its way ... now I have a box containing another Pete pipe, McLellands 2013 Christmas, some Erin Go Bragh and Pete Irish Flake soon to follow.
I'm pretty sure I have beat my PAD, by giving into it fully. Luckily I have cash to spare and my birthday is just over a week away.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'll talk about the Erin Go Bragh in PAD/TAD Group Therapy. I think -think- that I have satisfied my PAD. That Pete Donegal B10 was calling me though. Fell in love with the shape and I don't have a rusticated pipe in my rotation anywhere.
I have more than enough pipes now that I shouldn't NEED to buy another one ... unless it is a good deal, or a can't miss. SEE! There I go again!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I give up: what the devil does PAD/TAD stand for? Oh, and Roth, if it's not the money, could you pass it along (in a brown paper bag) to my address, cash only please?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
$500 for one pipe is just unreasonable for me. But, I sure could justify spending the same amount on a bunch of Petes and estates!

dalby

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
I purchased a few briars off of ebay in the past week, with a couple auctions to close later today as well. nothing fancy, just some straight billiards from brands I didn't recognize.

Additionally, I purchased several tins of tobacco, a pipe rack and a couple accessories from SP last night.

I work overtime for the purpose of indulging my PAD/TAD :)

I learned that I needed to have more briars in my rotation, to let the others rest.

I could stop if I wanted to, I just don't want to...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats on your pickups cmdr!
I'm pretty sure I have beat my PAD, by giving into it fully
If I had a dime for every time I thought that - lol!
If you ask me, PAD never goes away, it's just slumbers for a little bit. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.