Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I worked 18 hours yesterday an when I got home my brother and his family were here. After about 10 minutes of visiting my brother asked what the white pipe was. It was my clay pipe. He told me it was broken. I showed out a little and got in the shower. After I got out, I told him it wasn't a big deal and I was sorry for the way I acted. I was just stressed from the day and that was the straw that broke the camels back. I still feel bad about it even though it's over an everything is cool now.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
18 hour work days have a tendency to do that to people. Happens to me too.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm missing something. "Showed out"?
"my brother asked what the white pipe was. It was my clay pipe. He told me it was broken. I showed out a little and got in the shower. After I got out, I told him it wasn't a big deal and I was sorry for the way I acted."
Sorry for what? I don't even understand what happened.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
After 18 hours of work, I think it is natural to have a short fuse.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks NS... that's a new one on me.
But why would you lose your temper if your brother said your pipe was broken?
Sorry, I think I'm a step behind.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
lol... I didn't know what showed out meant, either. Thanks for clearing that up so I didn't have to be the first one to ask.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I don't know Al. I didn't give him time to tell me. After I got in the shower I got to thinking, It's only a ten dollar clay. And, he only comes down once or twice a year.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Anytime your stuff gets damaged or borken by someone else you have a right to be upset, accident or not. sounds like everything is smoothed out now though which is what matters.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Yep, everything turned out well. This was the best Thanksgiving I ever had. Glad everybody is gone though. :lol:

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
That is a bummer but this just means that when you visit him next if he has a B&M in his town the two of you can go shopping for pipes, maybe have him pick you up a clay and have him buy one for himself and you get him a tin of tobacco you think he would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.