PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
With 40+ years of smoking a pipe, i would suggest your expectations are too novicely based upon the definition of "taste" as we use the word related to food and drink. Taste in regards to pipe tobacco and smoking is far more ephemeral and also more "gentle". The best advice I can offer is to be conciously smoking slowly and gently.... with awareness that for at least a few months your goal is to be aware of trying to remember actions/activites you are doing when you find the pipe smoke enjoyabe... and also remember what you are doing when you may find the pipe smoke less agreeable. Then simply keep replicating the positive and refrain from the negative. Soon, you actions will be second nature to you and virtually every bowl will be a reliable pleasure. And, as you do this.... you will uncover where and how you can reliably be aware of and enjoy the flavors of pipe smoke.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
The new smokers have no idea what is good pipe info and can't separate the decent info from the bad. Poor devils!
Yes, way back when we started, we just kind of kept trying until we found how to find the enjoyment offered by pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.