I Need Prayers...My German Shepherd has Parvo.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
New Cigars
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I hope Shadow pulls through and keeps your flock safe for a long time.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for Shadow and Perique you are straight on about commercial dog food,

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I wish for the best possible outcome. My prayers are with you and Shadow Richard.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
With you caring for her she's got the best chances of beating this. I've got a good feeling that she'll be fine.
Our dog, Boris, scared us quite a bit earlier this week when he got "sudden onset ataxia" out of nowhere. He couldn't stand and wouldn't eat. The two vets we took him to were perplexed and offered no treatment. Three days later he's getting better but still can't turn or walk to the right, almost like a stroke. His illness turned the household upside down for a couple of days so I completely understand what you are going through.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
UPDATE: well tried to give the anti vomit pill this morning, nope she spit it out. Called vet she said bring her in and keep her in your car ill give her 2 shots. So we just got back and she got a anti vomit shot and antibiotic shot. Good news is shes about the same if not a lil better!! Today is her 4th day and vet said every day she lives she gets 10% chance of making it so now were about 75% :) she still jot eating but she is drinking and holding that down plus im giving her Pedialyte and iV under skin. the vet said since she had one shot of the parvo vaccination atleast her body somewhat knows what it is fighting. I didn't know it was three shots needed I want to thank all you you for your prayers and thoughts. stay tuned for more updates marine33 Richard

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My prayers go out to Shadow and yourself, I am sure the stress of this is killing you. My dog is my best bud and I think of him like I do my children, I hope Shadow has a speedy recovery and things get back to normal.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
All the best to you and your buddy as you go through this. Sending you best wishes and deep sympathy.
-- Pat

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
You're doing everything you can to help your pal. You're both in our prayers. Our year-old English bulldog sends her prayers and best wishes, too.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
did you pup have the usual series of shots when very young? have you recently visit a dog park or had the dog kenneled?
I'm sure you have been told but you will need to clean everything with a diluted bleach solution.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Praying for Shadow to pull through. Had to get a pup through that a few years ago. It's a tough battle, but they can do it. You're staying vigilant with what you have to do, that makes a bug difference.

B

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Another update::

Well this morning went back to vet cause I couldn't get her to swallow her pills and she was getting sick. Well they gave her 2 shots 1 for anti vomit and 1 for antibiotic. I have given her 500 cc IV under skin at 10am and another 500 at 10pm. She has not puked but has drank a little water. She puked early about 9am just a little but since then none and no diarrhea. She seems a lil peppy tonight I just hope she would eat. I don't know if I should try and force it down her or not. I'm thinking by morning she might want to eat. I hope. Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.